Is Cc for me?

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

Ive been using the slimfast plan for nearly 3 weeks now and so far have lost 3lbs. Thing is the shakes seem to be upsetting my stomach. I can bear this for a couple of days maybe but not 5 days in a row.

The reduced calorie aspect seemed to suit me so im maybe tempted to try CC instead. I weigh 22 stone so have a long way to go.

Is this way of dieting a sensible way to go? I dont want to steam ahead, id rather take it slow and steady as i have a LOT to learn regarding nutrition etc.

All info gratefully recieved.

Lisa xx

It's a very sensible way to go! I was doing the Cambridge plan - which is also shakes - and it was REALLY upsetting my stomach.

As nutrition seems to be important to you, I suggest you register on My Fitness Pal, because there you input foods from a database and it adds up all your nutrients and you can see how you were hitting your RDAs, at the end of the day so you can see if you need less protein, more carbs for example.

Best of luck Lisa! And make sure you post your MFP username in our MFP thread so we can all befriend you (if you like!).

Hey hun, although i still have the sf shakes i'm mainly doing calorie counting, I use the shakes on the days i don't feel like eating a meal.
I started on 22st and i'm 5ft6 according to myfitnesspal, i have1700 cals a day so i should lose 2lbs a week. It also tracks fat, carbs and protein but you can turn these off or change them to track other things but the best thing by far is the library of nutrional values for foods, i buy my meat from a butchers so had no clue what the cals were.

Thanks for the replies :)

Ive decided to give WW a bash. I think thisll suit me, plus i have a thing for free joining :D

Back