Is cheese allowed?

louiseb78

i will be a yummy mummy
Hi everyone

Av just arrived at a party and on the Buffett is cheese cubes everything else is no good
Oh there's cherry tomatoes? Cocktail sausages just wondering if cheese was best option ?

Id avoid all that if it was me, the cheese could definitely knock you out of ketosis plus its extra kcals.

Ok guys thanks not having a thing nope there's no salad no olives all fattening stuff!
I staying well clear then I not ruining 4 days of hard work for nothing :) thanks all x

Hiyah I had mushroom pasta s&s one I had in my bag with chicken breast and mushroom was lovely was difficult at first and ppl were asking questions but I just sed I eating my own
Food had some strange looks but oh well... Drank water then all night xx

Spandex said:
what? you took a bag of mushroom pasta to a party? no wonder you got some strange looks ha ha, but good on ya for not being swayed of plan. Did the food keep ok cos the packs tell you to eat them within 10 mins. what was it like cold?

I had the sachet in my bag And made it up when I was there it was at a social club and I used their little kitchenette type they run it it was just other guests looking at me as if to say why are t u eating Buffett food!! Lol I got to stick to it as feel rough so my only way of getting thru is losing the lbs :)

Wow now that's dedication!

Spandex said:
ahhh now that makes more sense. lol at the thought of you pulling out a bag of sloppy cold mushroom pasta.

Lol thanks :)

i dont think cheese knocks you out of ketosis in moderation..100g a day is allowed on Atkins and thats a ketogenic diet..i know its not on the s n s plan and the party is done but just putting the info out there.

No it probably wouldn't kick you out of ketosis but it's so calorific it should be avoided on a VLCD. Even the smallest bit contains a horrible amount of calories. Stick to the mac cheese if you want a cheese fix :)

yeah i totally wouldnt reccomend it for vlcd as 100 grams has a shed load of calories, i was just clearing up someone previously stating that cheese would kick you out of ketosis. which it wont because i was on atkins for 9 months and pretty much had cheese everyday. (4 stone lost stayed in ketosis)

I don't think a bit of cheese hurts now and again especially if it is the difference between that or falling off the diet. It won't take you out of ketosis and it certainly did me no harm when I've done this or Lipotrim. :) I mean a small lump not half a block though!

Back