is cinnamon OK on CD

i use cinnamon with no side effects, a cdc will tell you later I expect.

Following on from linda's comment, think of the spices as something to look forward to onced you've established the cambridge habit.
Also can I add my personal favourite = Cardamon pods broken into a long hot banana shake....Mmmm!

The soups can be tweeked with a little pepper or dried herbs which helps to vary the flavours.

I was told cinnammon and turmeric are natural appetite suppressants and so recommend them to help get through the first week!

Following on from linda's comment, think of the spices as something to look forward to onced you've established the cambridge habit.

Oh yes. I'm a cinnamon addict now :D Have it on something every day. It's is supposed to have amazing health benefits including.

Lowers blood sugar, so controls hunger a little better
Helps natural insulin production for prediabetes, diabetes and metabolic syndrome:clap:
Reduces bad cholesterol levels (but not the good ones :clap:)

Cinnamon has been used for it's health benefits for hundreds of years. It's been used to stop bacterial growth, indigestion disorders and even athletes foot :D

Did you know they even used it to help during the bubonic plague.:eek:

I just happen to love the flavour:cool: Shame it's not so popular in the UK. In the US and Canada, you can get cinnamon flavoured anything

Also can I add my personal favourite = Cardamon pods broken into a long hot banana shake....Mmmm!
Cardamon pods. Yum. Must try that in something. Not sure what though. Will have to google.

I' d never thought of adding spices like that to the shakes!

I must give it a try, I lurve Cinnamon, and cardamon!

You're spot on Hels and Karion...Cinnamon and Turmeric have amazing health benefits and both are perfectly fine ....:)

You're spot on Hels and Karion...Cinnamon and Turmeric have amazing health benefits and both are perfectly fine ....:)

Yep they are great, however, I have been advised by two medical advisors at CD that should not be introduced until week 3 when ketosis is well established.

As always we are all different but it can make the difference between staying on CD and straying - sorry.

Last edited:
I was told cinnammon and turmeric are natural appetite suppressants and so recommend them to help get through the first week!

Turmeric...I love ittoo.
Please what do you add it to, sweet or savoury? ? musghroon soup?
I need to keep a lsit of all these things..the more little tips & tricks I have up my sleeve the better.

I put chilli powder in all my soups now as I found them a bit bland for my strong taste-buds.
I thought that would be ok as I'm sure chilli is supposed to raise your metabolism?
Anyone know about this one?

I believe that chilli is fine.

Back