Is drinking 4-5 litres of water a day okay?

HelenaHandbasket

After reading reports of the brain damage suffered by the woman on a detox diet, who was drinking large amounts of water, I just need some reassurance that having 4 to 5 litres of (sparkling) water a day on SS is okay. I appreciate that her circumstances were different, but exactly how much water is too much on SS? Should I cut back to 2 to 3 litres?

Thanks,
HH

Hi - the CD book says that we should have at least 2.25 ltrs /4 pints of water in addition to the water used in the shakes. I think that if you want more than that it's fine. Over the last couple of days I have drunk loads more because of the weather. I just make sure I drink the minimum and then listen to my body.
Deb

Hi,

Even before starting this diet I have always drunk a minimum of 2 litres of water a day anyway (i don't drink tea or coffee). A usually daily amount for me previously was 3 - 4 litres & this i have done for around 4 years. I'm drinking more now between 4 - 5 litres a day & a liitle more if its warm outside.

I don;t think it has done me any harm (was slightly deranged in the first place :D). You need to listen to your body. each person is different.

x

I drank 5-6 litres daily for my 10 weeks on SS I needed it to keep thing moving iykwim, and I was perfectly fine. The trick is to ensure that you spread it out throughout the day and not flood your body with water all at once, that is what is really dangerous as it reduces your electrolite / salt levels down to dangerous levels which is probably what happened to the woman you are talking about.

I drink at least 5 litres a day & I have been fine xx

I drink 4-5 litres a day with no probs, aslong as you space it out during the day, you be fine, listen to your body :)

Back