is eating to much fruit bad for weight loss

Sugar Free Diet

Fruit has a fruit sugar fructose and some people may have problems digesting the fructose. I know that sugar affects me. Give me a choclate block and i will eat the whole block in minutes. Give me a chocolate cake and i will scoff it down with out chewing. This is a sugar addiction :eek: ! Now i go for sugar free snacks. I enjoy sugar free choclate and sugar free biscuits. I cook sugar free desserts. I have lost a few pounds.
sugarfreefood.biz

I couldn't stay on this diet without eating lots of fruit, i know that. I hate banana's. I usually will have some honeydew melon every evening though, it gives me something to look forward to in my sad little life lol

I have 2 bananas a day.... and grapes too.
They are really the only fruit I will eat.
In my eyes, its better than the cakes and chocolates in the cupboard for the rest of the family... and also, surely if there was ANY doubt about these fruits, SW would have addressed the issue. I mean, they are making us count syns for scan bran FFS, i think they would make us syn for bananas and grapes too if needed. Maybe bananas will have a syn value in the big changes in the new year. Who knows. ! ! !

Well according to my women's fitness magazine (I read it and sort of count it as exercise!) it says that the sugar found naturally in fruit is called fructose and has a different affect on blood sugar levels due to soluble fibre that is contained in the flesh and skin of the fruit. This basically means that although it's sugar it's good sugar so shouldn't affect your loses.

The official line from SW regarding too much fruit is that fruit is a free food, and can be enjoyed as such.

If you eat too much of anything it would slow your losses. 500 calories too much of fruit would have the same effect as 500 calories too much of veg (or any food).

Back