Is EE slower?

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
Has anyone noticed that losses are slower on EE, then on Red and alternating Green Days?

I am averaging at 2lb a week, but really want to get that 3lb loss.. Have seen some threads and stats and on the Green/Red Days, it does seem to be different..

I really don't want to go back to CD, to average at 3lb losses while I can get that on SW.. but need to up my losses as hols in Aug to Grenada and so wanting to loose as much as I can before then.

Anyone else tried switching?

i wasnt being 'good' on EE i was forgetting to eat as much 1/3 superfree that is needed for it to work properly. on green i cant go OTT and it isn't as important to have that 1/3 plate Superfree. so in sence of doing it 100% i got better loss on green as i was better at it. although i do believe if you do EE 100% then that works just as good.

I eat so much of the sf food, with veg and fruit throughout the day, and stick to it 100%. 2lb loss is still good,but it can be better as I have seen on here. Thx for getting back x

why don't you try a green or red week just once and see the loss then you can work out which one you want to stick to? sometimes diets work different. and 2lb loss is perfect weight loss! thats a stone in every 7 weeks!

target in less than 8 months!

I do quite well on EE, but I also do swimming and wii fit, so I think a combination of the 3 is what keeps me losing.

i wasnt being 'good' on EE i was forgetting to eat as much 1/3 superfree that is needed for it to work properly. on green i cant go OTT and it isn't as important to have that 1/3 plate Superfree. so in sence of doing it 100% i got better loss on green as i was better at it. although i do believe if you do EE 100% then that works just as good.

What sort of things are you eating on GREEN hun?

I am lacking in inspiration but thinking it is the way i need to go as i dont think I do 100% on EE

x

I think that Gemma is right in running your own expirements to see what works best for you.

Q

I find red days better for my losses than green or EE, but I would say that any 3lb (or more) losses you get would probably be one-offs, and not sustainable.

From what I've read, unless you have a huge amount to lose, then only 1-2 lbs per week of your weight loss is fat. Much more than that, and you're looking at losing water and lean body mass as well. 2lbs per week is just about perfect, as it indicates that you are shedding fat while maintaining a good body composition which will help you to appear slimmer and trimmer. Also if you lose too much lean body mass (muscle), your metabolism will slow down, and eventually there is a good chance your weight losses might plateau.

Just my worthless opinion - not to be taken too seriously :D

Totally agree with Gemma - I was ecxactly the same - struggling to eat that superfree with my meal then getting stressed about eating it inbetween so for me 5 days green and 2 red has given me 4lb off this week and before thet it was around 1.5 - 2 lbs a week off on EE.
The only way is to try a week on red/green and see what difference it makes to you personally

but i'm aware that 4lb was a boost of trying something new and tbh if i lose 2lb a week until its all off from now i'll be more than happy!

weight loss is a gradual thing and its not going to happen in short term, if you lose too much per week thats when more stretch marks apear and saggy skin etc.. when losing at a steady healthy pace gives your body chance to catch up with weight loss...

hope you find the plan orks better for you personally :)

I did EE for 2 weeks and did have a loss (although maybe not as big as on a Green/Red), but it's probably because I wasn't having as much of the 1/3 as I should have.

I have to say despite my relatively big loss this week im not expecting the same every week - 2lbs a week would make me very happy!

Hi,

Im on EE and I would like to lose about 2lb a week. Ive read that losing 1 - 2 lbs a week means that you are more likely to keep it off. However, how much you lose a week I think it depends on how much you need to lose overall. Id personally be worried if I lost more than 3lbs on average.

Personally Ive decided to stick to the scenic route of weightloss as I think thats what would work for me otherwise I would just put it all back on again. Although my STS this week has motivated me to stick to my syns this week. :eek:

Whilst everyone has weeks when they lose more than others, it's not always sustainable to keep losing big amounts on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I know this diet is brilliant and some people do have consistently big losses, but everybody is different. The reason the VLCD's have such big losses each week is because the diet is so bleedin' hard!

Check mine out too Teens - might help you along x

Thanks for that hun, will have a good read later. I am so rubbish in the kitchen just want easy nice stuff lol

I saw you had lost 4lb, well done that is a fab loss

bet you are buzzing x

thats all i eat quick easy and simple things lol...
and thankyou i gained 1lb the week before and 1st time doing green so was a good boost to start me off again...
me personally find green just easier to stick with and know where i am with it!

Whilst everyone has weeks when they lose more than others, it's not always sustainable to keep losing big amounts on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I know this diet is brilliant and some people do have consistently big losses, but everybody is different. The reason the VLCD's have such big losses each week is because the diet is so bleedin' hard!

I've been on the CD, so know where you are coming from there. But on average, its 3-4 lb loss a week on CD and 1-3 on SW, although I'm averaging at 2lb at the moment, although it is only week 3!

Thanks girls for all of you advice. I'm defo going to do REd/Green Days next week and see what that gives me..

Have a good afternoon everyone. x

Back