Is it bad for you to stop and start too many times?

Ti@ra-M@ker

Hi,
I've not been very good at this diet so far....Stopping and restarting several times. I restarted Monday and I'm hoping that this is the time that I'll stick to it as I'm feeling more determined this time.

Someone said to me today though that it might not be good be good for you to stop and start CD so often ie going in and out of ketosis. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks Tx

Hi T....Im afraid i dont know the answer,but like you this is about my 5th re-start and so far im not doing toooooooooooo bad (on day 8)...You can do it this time Mrs x

I don't know the answer to that either, although from what I've heard, stopping and starting makes it more difficult for you, easier to give into temptation

Good luck with this re start

It is a lot harder to stop and start but you've got us all here to keep you going! Just keep thinking of the slimmer you and what ever else motivates you.

Not sure about going in and out of ketosis though, sorry.x

A few of us serial restarters then! I'm doing well this time - Hope it continues! I'm on day 5 of SS. I've never managed to SS before so I'm pleased with myself. I was just worried that stopping and starting might affect my metabolism and I'd find it more difficult to keep the weight off afterwards. I think I'll take the chance though! I really want to do it this time.

I'm another stop & starter but I never get as far as Ketosis !!!!!!! lol
Determined this time. My goal isn't getting any closer which is making harder on myself. same as any of us. I could have been there by now if I'de stuck from day one. That makes me feel really mad.

Keep trying...You can do it!!!

I'm another serial restarter

Physically I dont think going in and out of ketosis does you any harm. When I was low carbing we used to deliberately eat carbs to try and break a stall as coming out of ketosis then going back in was supposed to inrcrease your metabolism.

However I think if you are carb sensitive the effects on your blood sugar may not be that great. If I've been in ketosis for a while then binge on carbs I feel really bad.

Psycologically I dont think stopping and starting is a good idea. If you know you can restart after a night out, weekend, holiday or whatever it is really easy to give yourself permission to break the diet. This time I have promised myself that I am sticking to it.

Imagine if we were only allowed one chance at Cambridge and this is it. How devastated would we feel if our CDC's refused to sell to us because we are not doing it properly. Or what if Cambridge along with all other VLCD were banned. How would we feel knowing we had the chance and blew it.

Jac

Thanks Jacsprat (love the name) CD banned! Oh that doesn't bear thinking about. You have a really good attitude and obviously know how to motivate yourself. I'm managing much better this restart. I think when I did 790 I had got into some bad habits and it's hard to go back and do it properly. I'm SSing just now though and hoping I can continue. I really want to stick with it until mid July when I'm going to a wedding, then throughout the summer there's another wedding and hen night and then a holiday not long after the 2nd wedding so I'm thinking this IS my last chance to do this before all these events. I have 2.5months to get as much as possible off. I'm not sure what I'll do over the summer as it will mean stopping and starting CD so I know I'll struggle then....so I've 10 weeks to do my best!!

A few of us serial restarters then! I'm doing well this time - Hope it continues! I'm on day 5 of SS. I've never managed to SS before so I'm pleased with myself. I was just worried that stopping and starting might affect my metabolism and I'd find it more difficult to keep the weight off afterwards. I think I'll take the chance though! I really want to do it this time.

Hi TM,

I posted about metabolism the other day as i had concerns about after CD but got some really encouraging answers. Porgeous, for example, has done so well and is currently maintaining at over 1700cals and she's only around 5ft or so. Some of the other maintainers have had no problems - Think if you do the maintenance programs etc properly and really change the way you used to eat you can still eat quite a lot but obviously more healthier!!;)

Can;t wait to get to that stage!!:p

Back