Is It Just Me Or What???

Hi CP, Your diary can be anything you want it to be. From reading most of the others it can be tracking what you eat daily and any challenges you face in the week and then of course the weekly WI!

Just start up a new thread with a title 'Chocolatepig's diary' or something and in it you can post anything you want, your day to day struggles, wheat went well, what went wrong, your WI results - Anything you want really. We will all read it and comment if we want to

I put on 2 1/5 pounds after sticking to it 100%, my SWC told me to introduce for superspeed foods with my normal free foods, also to make sure I was drinking 2 litres of water a day (which I hadn't been). I lost 5.5 last week by drinking more and eating more strawberries and melon :)

It also depends on what you define as 100%. I once tried having no more than 5 Syns a day and I put weight ON. As soon as I increased my Syns again the weight started to shift again

Our SWC recommends 70 syns a week, but a colleague of mine has been told that by her height and weight she should be having 12 per day. I do really think each SWC will recommend what has worked for them but everybody is different so I think its just a adjusting things to see what works for you :)

We are told as a group that we should have 10-15 per day/70-105 per week but when a friend of mine joined she was allowed 25 as she was very big and needed more which would be reviewed as she lost weight

I had 9 stone to lose (starting weight was 20st 13.5lbs!) and my SWC told me to stick between 10-15 syns a day. But there is a guy in our group who really struggles and he has 17 syns a day.

I went round to a friend's for dinner last night, and had a couple of tortillas with chicken and sour cream, cheese and salad. I also had some crispy snacky things, some wine and a piece of cake. My SW consultant often says to group members that one meal out a week is not going to affect weight loss the following week, but I'm interested to see if that will be true for me. I'm planning on not having any syns for the rest of the week now to compensate for last night - that tends to be what I do if I've been out or had a treat I can't put a syn value to (such as home made cakes).

Like Taz I regularly do the thing of having no more than 5 syns a day - which is why I get so mad when I put weight on. I actually get quite uptight about the whole syn thing, thinking that I'm bound to put weight on if I have the full amount i'm allowed each day. What do other people do I wonder? Do you limit yourselves or have the full amount??

In answer to jensjeremies question, I didn't really do anything too different last week to lose the weight, apart from changing my menus and cooking some different things. I'm trying to introduce a bit of exercise into my week as well now. I walk everywhere anyway, but this week I've used my bike a couple of times and I've been swimming which I'm planning to do three times a week. So, hopefully that'll help...

I went round to a friend's for dinner last night, and had a couple of tortillas with chicken and sour cream, cheese and salad. I also had some crispy snacky things, some wine and a piece of cake. My SW consultant often says to group members that one meal out a week is not going to affect weight loss the following week, but I'm interested to see if that will be true for me. I'm planning on not having any syns for the rest of the week now to compensate for last night - that tends to be what I do if I've been out or had a treat I can't put a syn value to (such as home made cakes).

Like Taz I regularly do the thing of having no more than 5 syns a day - which is why I get so mad when I put weight on. I actually get quite uptight about the whole syn thing, thinking that I'm bound to put weight on if I have the full amount i'm allowed each day. What do other people do I wonder? Do you limit yourselves or have the full amount??

In answer to jensjeremies question, I didn't really do anything too different last week to lose the weight, apart from changing my menus and cooking some different things. I'm trying to introduce a bit of exercise into my week as well now. I walk everywhere anyway, but this week I've used my bike a couple of times and I've been swimming which I'm planning to do three times a week. So, hopefully that'll help...

You should always stick to around 10-15 syns per day. The reason for this is because if your weightloss hits a pleateau then you will have hardly any syns to cut back on. I think one night of naughty food won't hurt your weightloss too much, in fact it can have a positive effect. Good luck for weigh in x

I just want to point one thing out. They are Syns not sins. Sins are bad things. Syns are the Synergy of the diet, they are there to be used as part of the plan and not as an extra treat. Use them, it is what makes the plan work

That is SO true!

Saying that I am not really looking forward to going to the weighing in this week. I did say that I was going to have 10syns instead of 15 syns a day this week. But I honestly haven't managed it - to be truthful I think I've had way more. I am hoping that because I went swimming and played badminton this week that that would help but am not holding my breath. I am about half a pound from my 10% weight loss but it has been weeks now and I am losing patience.

I kick myself now when I think of the extra syns I've had and hadn't needed them.I even tried a syn bag and failed miserably.

However - I'd rather have the syns than erradicate them completely, just couldn't manage on just homecooked meals... I'm getting fed up with the washing up!:D

Back