Is it just me??

LittleSis

Silver Member
Is it just me or do others have the urge to beat thier other halves up with a wet lettuce leaf???

Yesterday my partner said he would give me some money to buy myself some new clothes. (All good so far)

I thanked him but would he mind holding off til I lost some more weight.. (You know this is where it goes down hill don't you?)

Have you lost weight then??
Yes darling!!:mad:
Your not just saying that to please me??:eek:
Where that lettuce leaf hiding???:sigh::sigh:

Lol. Take your money an enjoy!! You've earned it putting up with him :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My OH never notices my weight loss either. It was only when I put on a pair of shorts I wore at my biggest and showed him I could literally fit two of me inside them that he relented! *lettuce leaves at the ready!!*

They are hopeless :-|

I had promised myself not to let him wind me up because even when I lost over 4stn on LL the best he could say was well you look a 1000 times better than you did.

I think I'm going to go and kick his tractor :)

I don't think mine really notices a lot either but, bless him, he is every so supportive :) To be fair to them, they see us every day so the weight loss isn't as noticeable to them as it is for someone who sees us once in a blue moon :)

Your husband, Morrigan, needs new glasses though!! :D (only joking of course :) )

No you're right, he REALLY does! To be honest, I think it's almost the opposite problem - I don't think he realised I was as BIG as I was. I think it surprised him when I put the shorts on because he had no idea I had ever fitted into them comfortably! But he's really just nonplussed about the whole weight-loss thing!

No you're right, he REALLY does! To be honest, I think it's almost the opposite problem - I don't think he realised I was as BIG as I was. I think it surprised him when I put the shorts on because he had no idea I had ever fitted into them comfortably! But he's really just nonplussed about the whole weight-loss thing!

He loves you whatever weight you're at :)

Mine always tells me I've lost weight, even when I've clearly put it on! Bless. But now we're noticing each other's weight more because we're doing Diet Chef together - it's nice to be really seeing a difference :)

My hubby doesn't understand the whole weight loss thing either, but he doesn't have much reason to because his metabolic rate is that of a fiery furnace! He burns more calories sleeping than I do when my heartrate is 210 BPM! :p

What is nice though is that he does not seem to notice when I've gained but does seem to notice when I've lost (he probably does notice gains but doesn't mention it...) :D

my guy gets green with envy with anything i lose its like some insult to him lol and he is very overweight but chooses not to do anything about it

We went out to the local pub last night as it's thier steak night. First he helped me out by eating half my chips..Then he orders us both chocolate fudge cake with cream!!!!!! It has the word chocolate in it's name I can't say no :(

missfortissimo. Mine's the same, I'm sure he's going to self combust one day!! He get's so hot at night...Mind you very warming in the winter :)

Back