Is it just me?

Gemstone

Here for the Journey
Hi out there in cyber-space.
:brainfart:
See, there I was orbiting round thinking of nothing in particular when I got the urge to cook. No not the usual "What can I do with the minimum of effort" - this was serious.... Then it occurred to me that this wasn't the first time it happened. It's all this thinking about food that does it. Off to do a hobby audit - not that I've got loads of time but I can't be thinking of food with nothing to do with my hands. Somewhere around the third orbit I got to thinking - I wonder if other members get the same urge and what do they do when it happens. Well guys - over to you.....
Gem x :)

Oh yeah, sometimes I get the urge to do some real cooking and do a nice meal for me and Mr Taz. It doesn't happen very often though! It's a bit like getting the urge to tidy the flat - happens, but rare!

New Focus

Well...... the idea is that when we're not on the forum, cleaning (?) :( etc., we have a stack of hobbies to stop us thinking of things we can't eat. The thing is that focusing on food ALL the time can make us want it MORE. Just might work huh?
Gem x ;)

I like to read and I crochet a lot. It is impossible to eat whilst crocheting and and I watch TV at the same time so my mind is fully occupied

Nice one Taz - Can't believe you're the only one in orbit with a hobby tho. I flit from one thing to another - anything creative. I'm between hobbies at the moment hence the cooking urge!

:sign0163:

Well my main ones are karate and kickboxing but I have set times for those so they don't stop me thinking about food when I am at home

Respect

Hey Taz - Go Girl - respect :cool: That's exercise with attitude! Best I can manage is half an hour at the gym, the occasional swim when I'm brave enough and a bit of walking - but I'm becoming a little more motivated although not quite kicking and chopping my way through cyber-space like you are. :jelous:
Gem x

What a Star

Taz - you are amazing. You are using each small achievement as building bricks to success. THAT is so inspirational.
All that stuff you are doing must have a positive effect on your mind too.
May you hold happiness in one hand and success in the other

I try & get off my ass and catch up with the housework! LOL! Sad..I know, but with two toddlers and a Hubby to care for after I get home from work, it doesn't be long building up! The odd time I get to chill out I do my nails or slap on a facemask- anything to stop me reaching for food!

i go through surges of knitting. notice i seem to have chosen the one thing that requires the least movement!! ha.

have just finished a jumper for OH so am having a break... i just tend to watch films, and recently browse about on here. it's taken over my life!!

abz xx

I seem to spend half my life slicing and dicing all sorts of food for the family and the other half either on the net walking the dogs or reading and watching tv :grouphugg:

Thanks for the group hug Kazzy. We all need those don't we. Yea abz I've tried knitting and crochet too (there are still some bags hanging around with half made jumpers - smaller size - that never got finished, still on knitting needles or a large pin if I've needed the needles) but I get frustrated with the time it takes. When you finish something though it gives you such a buzz. No IrishMum you're not sad. I remember trying to be a Domestic Goddess when my kids were young :sigh: but it never quite worked - they were always one step ahead of me causing mayhem! Ah those were the days.....
Gem x

I have approx. 400 rats to look after and keep clean, as well as my cats. Keeps me busy ;)

Last edited:
Taz - you are amazing. You are using each small achievement as building bricks to success. THAT is so inspirational.
All that stuff you are doing must have a positive effect on your mind too.
May you hold happiness in one hand and success in the other
Thanks Gem, such nice words x

So here I am again orbiting around cyber-space on my own! Where is everyone? Seriously tho I went for a walk last night (not really an exercisey sort of walk but a connecting with nature one). I found my special place and sat on a stone by an ancient tree. I closed my eyes and blanked my mind and connected with what really want for the immediate future and what it would look like. I guess my weightloss is only a part of the journey I am on. I have resolved to enjoy the journey. I will not put life on hold for the destination.

The longest journey begins with one small step and it would be foolish to miss all the opportunities on the way
Gem x:vibes:

sounds like it was a very nice type of walk is always nice to clear your head now and then

Back