Is it normal to feel so ill?!!!

hi maria,
how much are wanting to loose. you really seem to have had a tough time . i think my prep week really helped but on day 3 now of ss and i am hungry . just had a soup. in fact i dont think i am hungry , its all in my head. my hubby told me he thought i looked slimmer in fact his words were your love hanleds are getting smaller !!!! charming im sure .... lol. mind i have been biting his head off....
well done on your loss so far thou , that must keep you going

I had a zero coke today which really helped me I think. Just the though of something that I actually liked was enough to get me through. I have bought loads and I'm going to let myself have half a can a day. I feel normal now. I think my problems were added to as my period arrived this morning so I now have bad period pains, headaches etc but not sure if they are from the diet, my period or just a combination of both. My hardest time will be next weekend. We are going away for half term with some friends. I think i will really struggle when they are all having a drink and something nice to eat and I am sat with my shake. How soon can you go on to add a meal as that would really make life easier and I think it would stop me from cheating too, knowing that I could sit down with them in the evening and actually eat something - even if its only a salad!!

I had a zero coke today which really helped me I think. Just the though of something that I actually liked was enough to get me through. I have bought loads and I'm going to let myself have half a can a day. I feel normal now. I think my problems were added to as my period arrived this morning so I now have bad period pains, headaches etc but not sure if they are from the diet, my period or just a combination of both. My hardest time will be next weekend. We are going away for half term with some friends. I think i will really struggle when they are all having a drink and something nice to eat and I am sat with my shake. How soon can you go on to add a meal as that would really make life easier and I think it would stop me from cheating too, knowing that I could sit down with them in the evening and actually eat something - even if its only a salad!!

Hi Maria

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better - once you get used to SSing you may find that it isn't so bad sitting having your stuff whilst others eat around you... but... the splitting your packs into 6 is a really top suggestion. Another thought is this... and you need to speak to your CDC... there is a thread on here that has recipes and to be honest, I for one have made use of the muffin one almost every single day since about week 4 or 5 I think...

Add a meal is week 5, and subsequent 5th weeks... but... you really need to call your CDC and have a chat with them and get their advice as they know you best... plus they can give you hints and tips on how to cope with the side effects you're having and also some coping strategies for next weekend. That's what your CDC is there for and I am sure they will be glad to help.

Definitely think the period is contributing to how rough it's been and as that goes then hopefully you will feel lots better, especially when you have your weigh in :D

Well done for hanging on in there! :)

how are you doing Maria?

Hi Maria,

hope you are now feeling much better...splitting your packs in 2 and drinking plenty of water :tear_drop: around them should do the trick. Am intrigued at how you are having half a can of zero coke per day...who has the other half, or do you drink it flat the next day?! Please contact your CDC if you need help.

I am in Devon...the 'Hardwidge' in question was visiting relatives in Somerset last month, so will ask when I see her on Thursday (though think it was the other side of the family). I certainly had not come across the surname before.

Keep dropping in on this site...the support is fantastic!

Jenny

Back