Is it possible to do WW..........

melodyuk

Hi hope im in the right place to ask..
I spent most of last year trying and failing SW... I left WW meetings just as pro points began so I do actually have a PP calcuator that I bought...

But I am wondering... as I am a poor student nurse and doing shift work on placements for 8 weeks at a time so cannot make any meetings...

Is it actually possible for me to

1) follow the plan and be able to get points when needed online somewhere??

2) Find out how many points i need to be on to begin with

3) Does anyone do this entirely by themselves without meetings and lose a steady amount of weight?

Thanks for any advice you can give...

I lost my initial 3 stones on my own, at home, using the online tools. I have never been to one meeting. It is hard though, there's more room to slack because you don't have the embarrassment of weighing in in front of someone else, but I just tell myself the scales don't lie and try to keep the feeling of what a good loss feels like throughout the week. The online support on here and the WW is brilliant though.

If you join up online through Quidco you pay £30 (first 3 months) and you get £30 cashback so it's technically free, and you can access the WW app for pointing on the go which is brilliant.

At the moment I am realllllly skint and I cancelled my subscription and I found an app on my iPhone called Value Diary it was 69p and it does everything the WW app does, what points you should be on, weigh ins, food diary etc it's great!

ClareyCakes said:
I lost my initial 3 stones on my own, at home, using the online tools. I have never been to one meeting. It is hard though, there's more room to slack because you don't have the embarrassment of weighing in in front of someone else, but I just tell myself the scales don't lie and try to keep the feeling of what a good loss feels like throughout the week. The online support on here and the WW is brilliant though.

If you join up online through Quidco you pay £30 (first 3 months) and you get £30 cashback so it's technically free, and you can access the WW app for pointing on the go which is brilliant.

At the moment I am realllllly skint and I cancelled my subscription and I found an app on my iPhone called Value Diary it was 69p and it does everything the WW app does, what points you should be on, weigh ins, food diary etc it's great!

Great recommendation of the app! Thanks babe! x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I don't suppose you know if this app is only available to iPhone and iPad users as I have a HTC sensation (Android) and can't find it...it sounds really good. Cheers.

ajr_2011 said:
I don't suppose you know if this app is only available to iPhone and iPad users as I have a HTC sensation (Android) and can't find it...it sounds really good. Cheers.

I think it's iPhone iPad only! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

look for WWdiary its amazing and free!! x

Wow, just got it...brilliant thanks for that. Turns out with the 3.5lb I've already lost I've to drop a point so just as well you suggested it.

I used to be a nurse and found dieting hard to do with the changes in shifts etc. On night shifts i found i ate all the time if it were quiet and the amount of chocolates is unreal. sating that i walked a lot, up to theatres, down to pharmacy etc so i think it probably counteracted itself. I think you can do it on your own after all i go to meetings but never stay so its technically the same thing.

My scales at home are so inaccurate though its a struggle as i got up and down and last night my scales said i had stayed the same yet i lost 4lbs at the meeting. maybe weigh yourself on the ward scales. x

Who are the apps by? I am in Spain and sometimes can't get the same apps, I can see one called Ultimate Value Diary for 2.39€ it's a red heart with a white first aid style cross in the middle made by Fenlander Software? Sorry just don't want to buy it if it's the wrong one!

I'm using the WWDiary too... and I think it is great!

melodyuk said:
Hi hope im in the right place to ask..
I spent most of last year trying and failing SW... I left WW meetings just as pro points began so I do actually have a PP calcuator that I bought...

But I am wondering... as I am a poor student nurse and doing shift work on placements for 8 weeks at a time so cannot make any meetings...

Is it actually possible for me to

1) follow the plan and be able to get points when needed online somewhere??

2) Find out how many points i need to be on to begin with

3) Does anyone do this entirely by themselves without meetings and lose a steady amount of weight?

Thanks for any advice you can give...

Hi

Yes it is possible I am also a student nurse and do it from home, this site is really helpful you can do it! Once you get used to the points it gets easier and it is all about planing

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have the weight watchers app which sounds the same as the 69p app!

All I can say is following the diet on my phone rocks! I can see where I am on the go! Add or remove things on the go!
Calculate foods!

One thing I'd check is....my friend has the 69p app and when she loses weight it doesn't calculate her new points! So every now again I'd check you are on the right daily propoints!

Good luck!

Gemini76 said:
Who are the apps by? I am in Spain and sometimes can't get the same apps, I can see one called Ultimate Value Diary for 2.39EUR it's a red heart with a white first aid style cross in the middle made by Fenlander Software? Sorry just don't want to buy it if it's the wrong one!

That is the right one. xx

Back