Is it possible to overeat free food?

Susiewoosie

In it to lose it
It might seem like a daft question but I'm worried that I'm eating too much. I'm not a great lover of vegetable so I try to hide them in recipes. If I have rice I always add onions, peas and sweetcorn. I'm trying to make veg soup. If I have pasta n sauce I normally throw peas and sweetcorn in there as well.

The reason I'm asking is that last week I only lost 1/2lb and this week since sunday I have apparently put on 4lb. Its not TOTM as I'm on the pill and don't get that any more. I know I shouldn't keep weighing myself but I don't seem to be able to help myself.

I also eat at least 4 pieces of fruit everyday and also at least 2 scan bran. I am drinking a lot of water but still seem to be having "tummy problems".

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Step away from the scales.

Women's bodies are funny things, my weight goes up and down over the week before i go to WI. I don't think you can over eat free food, because i ate as much as that, if not more when i did SW last time and still lost 3 stone.

Stop worrying about it and just relax, the more you stress over a number on the scales, the more your body will react to it, and that could be the cause of your tummy problems, i know when i'm stressed, that's the first thing to start messing up.

Lose the scales and keep up the good work. Don't worry xxxx

Hi hun my old SW consultant once said free food is free food till you are full.

If you are having tummy problemos I would lay off the having so much fruit and veg just for a few days and see where that gets you. I am not saying leave it out all together just cut down a bit.

What days do you normally do?

Just a thought but maybe the scan bran isn't helping with the tummy trauma? They are quite aggressive things them scan bran! lol

Oh and another point - my scales have told me I've lost about 3lb - whereas my 'trousers of truth' are getting baggier by the day - and I can almost get my jeans off without undoing them now ....... sometimes we lose inches and it doesn't show on the scales.

Jo x

Even though you may not be getting a period anymore, your'e body will still go through the motions too.
Are you writing down what you eat? Are you following the plan 100%? Are you varying the foods that you eat as well?
I found that I was having too many Green days and was gaining weight from that..I changed to 1-2 Green days and the rest red and the weight fell off me, even though I was sticking to the diet 100% before I changed.
I know its hard, but try and stay away from the scales until your offical weigh in..you will be sufficiently surprised Hun!

Kerry-Ann
xx

I eat loads of free food, enough so that i'm full and don't want to eat anything else. However i notice that you are adding peas to your rice and stuff. Peas are funny with some people, they can make you bloated and windy. And scan bran can too. I find when i eat alpen lights i am very bloated and windy (too much info ha ha)it is the amount of fibre in them. Try laying off the peas and sweetcorn for a week and see what happens. I usually have lots of roasted carrot and turnip as i know they don't bloat me out.

Yeah i think its ok to eat more fruit than veg. Make a big pot of soup and chuck absolutley everything in it then blitz it with the blender and freeze. Even if you have a small bowl before your dinner every night it is doing you good. Or you could try what i do, get some carrot, turnip, parsnip, garlic and onion and put them on a tray with fry lite and roast in the oven. They seem to taste nicer roasted. On a green day i add new potatoes.

I do all green days as I'm not that fussed about meat and I love pasta. Do you think that maybe I should try a red day every week Mrs V?

B I know I do obsess about things so maybe that doesn't help and I know I shouldn't keep checking the scales but I don't seem to be able to help myself.

Sonia I will try and cut down on fruit and see if that helps.

Jo yes my "skinny trousers" go further up now.

Thanks everyone.

Sue

I don't like red days either . My consultant says it is ok to do all green days but have super free stuff with your pasta, things like mushrooms etc. This is my first week with all green so i will see what the scales say. I had been having 4 green and 3 red and thought i would have better weight losses, however if you look at the losses in my signature they are not that good, so i am giving all green a go.

I dont like fruit (accept the odd banana or melon) and the only veg I eat is lettuce, cucumber, mushrooms and onions! Cant stand the stuff and I aint ever gonna change! But.. I have still lost nearly 2 stone! I take a daily good quality vitamin tablet to make sure I am not deficient in anything and I enjoy the rest of my food! I also find that green days leave me feeling hungry and bloated (I can only eat so much pasta!)

Also, ryvita and scan bran make me bloated and windy too!

Well I love mushrooms and always chuck them in what ever I can.

Thanks Sarah I'm not a great lover of fruit really either although I'm trying to make myself eat it:D

Are you having pasta and rice most days? I've only just started the programme (all green days) and this is something that concerned me when I was reading up on it - I can eat huge amounts of them and I suspect if I did so most days, I wouldn't lose any weight. I'm trying to base my eating on the other free foods instead, and limit rice and pasta to maybe once a week. Maybe that might help?

Thats the problem I know if I couldn't have my pasta and rice I would give up. Thats why I like SW so much. I'm gonna stop weighing myself and try and chill out.

I think the key is to stop weighing yourself, i know how hard it is but everyones scales are different, clothes each time you weigh yourself are different and depending on what time of the day it is you will be heavier or lighter. I think the key to sw is just eat until you are satisfied and i think that no matter what free foods you eat if you do the plan correct you will lose weight.

Are you having pasta and rice most days? I've only just started the programme (all green days) and this is something that concerned me when I was reading up on it - I can eat huge amounts of them and I suspect if I did so most days, I wouldn't lose any weight. I'm trying to base my eating on the other free foods instead, and limit rice and pasta to maybe once a week. Maybe that might help?

Corr i'd die if i did that. I don't do red days so have pasta and rice pretty much every day...
If i couldn't do that i'd probably jack the diet in altogether... x

I would suggest throwing in a red day just once to give your body a bit of a shock into loosing that weight and to unblock things if you are bloated.
I love green days, but know that I cant get away with them as often as I like due to the bloating and the wind! Although fruit and veg are covered under the free foods, are you varying those too?? I also found I was eating a punnet of grapes (well they are free arent they?) didnt help as there are more sugar in them...bananas had the same effect with me.
Just alter your foods for one week and your bosy will react to it with a loss...I can guarantee that!

Definitely stop weighing yourself. It will do your head in and the daily flucuations may sabotage your willpower and motivation. My opinion as to whether you can eat too much free food, is... everything has calories. So moderation is the key. If you want a big thing of pasta, have it. But recognise when you are full and stop eating. No matter what you are eating, free or not, if you are taking in more calories than you are burning off, you won't get the best results you can. But that's just how I see it.

I have been doing SW (again) for 6 weeks now. I was doing all green days to start with and had good losses. Last week I wanted to try a lamb recipe from the current magazine (Souvlaki - it's fab!!) so I decided to have a red day. It led on to a couple red days, one of which started with a generous meaty breakfast! Then yesterday I went back on to green days and right away noticed I was more bloated than when I was doing red days. So I've gone back onto a red day to see if it makes any difference to the amount of weight I will lose this week. I think everyone's bodies react a bit differently to red/green days.

I've never been bloated with green days or pasta in general..
whereas if i eat red meat i feel sick and things don't move how they should if you see what i mean lol.. xx

Back