Is it possible

apia08

I was just wondering if it was possible to set weekly targets or will I be setting myself up to then crash and feel deflated.

My scales on Monday showed 10 pound lose, first thing in the morning, naked etc (you get the picture :)) when i saw my CDC later that day I lost 7 pound. I thought thats okay, I lost a lot of weight... but I tried again thsi morning, still the same - 10 pound loss etc.

is this common?

Also, I would like to aim for 4 pound this week, sticking to the diet (on 3 shakes, one bar) and tons of water...

is this possible or should i aim for 2 each week???

hi, different scales tell different stories. There is no harm in aiming for 4lbs per week as long as you dont get fixated on it. Any loss is a good loss, and if you think you are going to get really disappointed if you dont reach your target loss per week then it may be better to just say this week i will stick to it and try your best. it may be a case that your weight loss changes each week so you may lose 2lbs on week and 6lbs the next. whatever you do good luck hun xx

Tricky one, I think goals are a great idea to keep you focussed but targets could get you down as it can be quite common to lose in very irregular patterns, 1lb one week 6lb the next if you know what I mean. How about doing something like having mini goals, getting into the next dress size down, or the next stone bracket, dropping your BMI below a certain number without necessarily having a timescale attached.

Gxx

hi new to this site i have been on cd for 3 weeks and have lost total 19ibs so thats good as this is the first diet that i seeem to be loosing weight on i think 4 ibs wverage weight loss is good as i think with time it must slow down i do nibble inbetween on veg ie carrots is that ok while on cd ?

Tricky one, I think goals are a great idea to keep you focussed but targets could get you down as it can be quite common to lose in very irregular patterns, 1lb one week 6lb the next if you know what I mean. How about doing something like having mini goals, getting into the next dress size down, or the next stone bracket, dropping your BMI below a certain number without necessarily having a timescale attached.

Gxx
you look great how much have you lost

ive took now phots and when i get my after phots will display lol but it seems along way away as i have about another 4 stone loose

ive took now phots and when i get my after phots will display lol but it seems along way away as i have about another 4 stone loose

It'll fly by hun x

19lbs in 3 weeks its what I dream about! I am sticking to it so much I just hope next week wont be a 1-2lb :-(

Personally, I think it's best to aim to stick to the diet, rather than lose x amount.

Assuming you are going to stick to it, you wont have any control over your weekly weightloss. After all, regardless of what the scales say, you can't do any better than 100%.

So make your goals things you have control over :)

The average loss is a stone a month, but lots of things can make your weekly loss fluctuate - TOTM, water intake, and just your body hanging onto water for no reason sometimes.

I'd go with a monthly goal of 14lbs, rather than a weekly one. Look at my past few weeks, I lost 1lb one week and 6lbs the next - I did nothing different, it was just my body playing tricks.

The weight WILL come off if you stick to the diet - there's no way it can't, but things don't always happen at an even rate, so don't get upset if you only lose 2lbs next week, as you could well lose 5 the week after.

hi new to this site i have been on cd for 3 weeks and have lost total 19ibs so thats good as this is the first diet that i seeem to be loosing weight on i think 4 ibs wverage weight loss is good as i think with time it must slow down i do nibble inbetween on veg ie carrots is that ok while on cd ?

4lb a week is fab!, but carrots are a big no-no I'm afraid. They don't have many calories but they do have lots of carbs, and so eating them could take you out of ketosis, which means you won't be in ultimate 'fat burning' mode.

If you really need to nibble, then look at the allowed veg on SS+/810 and go for one of those.

i'd say have mini targets in mind that arn't weight related ie next dree size down or 10% off. As everone has said your weight loss can fluctuate so much over the course of a week that it may be disheartening to not lose as much as you wanted one week xx

Back