is it time to change to SW

sorry paperclip didnt see your reply.
I think that it is all down to me. For every excuse i have gone to write down i can see it is just me making excuses.
to be totally honest i just want to try something else, thats the most honest answer that i can give.
i am desperate as there is a diabetes problem in my immediate family but i am struggling and i shouldnt be.
i just need to try something.

i was exactly the same did ww for a long time and was fairly succesful but once my points started to drop i really struggled and hence starting creeping bak up then got fed up and gave up completly i wish i had done sw then i am only one wk in but love it and i have never ate so much so give it a go nothing to lose but weight
good luk xx

I am a convert to slimming world from weight watchers. I used to love the core plan, but then ww brought out the discover plan, which was basically back to pointing that I did 10 years ago.
WW dont discuss core anymore, so I started on the extra easy plan, and so far I have lost 8lb. I am loving the plan. I am not going hungry, and the consultants don't spent their time trying to sell things.
The meetings go on longer, and you learn lots more.

Candyspill
thank you ever so much for your reply.
it seems to be quite a common reason for people liking SW. Have to tell my hubby that i am joining another club.

Is your husband supportive? I only ask as my partner tries but he has this incredible knack of saying the wrong thing!

No hubby is great and very supportive. He will just say "not another club". He wants a happier wife. His only fault is that he tries to give me more food in the evenings, not purposely, just not thinking, if that makes sense. (munchies after a drink)

Hehe he will soon get used to you going on about SW instead of WW! My partner does the same with munchables... he will put snacky foods in the trolley when shopping and then when he eats it wonders why I don't want it!

Personally I don't think buying the food directory is worth it, especially if you have regular internet access. Give it a few weeks, and if you think you need it, buy it then.

Almost as soon as the directory is printed, it's out of date as products are constantly coming on (and going off) the market, as well as the changes in syn values, packet sizes, etc.

You'll be given a password every week at group for the website which lets you access the syn directory online and a syn calculator for free. Better to save your money for classes and measuring spoons/jug/scales as others have said.

The only thing I tend to buy is the magazine - it helped me at the beginning to understand what you could have on what plan as it comes with recipes and a week plan for extra easy. You can get a good selection of recipes off the SW website, the magazine, and of course, here. I might buy a recipe book in a few weeks as I'd like some new things to cook, but you don't need stuff like that immediately (in my opinion).

Definately the magazine.

I looked through the sample plan on the 'net, then bought the mag, and those two things convinced me to give SW a try. I've tried WW too, and it was brilliant for me, but I don't think counting points is a way of life, for the rest of your life. When I got to goal, i gained it all, and then some. I just didn't want to be on a diet anymore, I'd lost my weight. That was my mindset. With SW, it really is a plan for life. I hardly use my syns, ecpet for the weekend, and usually have the same things anyway. So it is a plan for me, but had I not tried, I'd never have known.

I am a convert to slimming world from weight watchers. I used to love the core plan, but then ww brought out the discover plan, which was basically back to pointing that I did 10 years ago.
WW dont discuss core anymore, so I started on the extra easy plan, and so far I have lost 8lb. I am loving the plan. I am not going hungry, and the consultants don't spent their time trying to sell things.
The meetings go on longer, and you learn lots more.

Good point, I think the worst thing WW did was bring in The Discover Plan as loads of core addicts left and went to SW which was madness, core was really popular but unfortunately not profitable for WW. I reckon in 2 years they will bring it back (ie openly talk about it in class and encourage people to try it).

I think if you are hungry a lot tara sw would be perfect for you - i did it years ago successfully just not well recently. Good luck.

My problems though adding to the above was choc not the diet.

I think if you are hungry a lot tara sw would be perfect for you - i did it years ago successfully just not well recently. Good luck.

My problems though adding to the above was choc not the diet.

thank you and good luck to you to. sending loads of baby dust to you.

There is a simply filling plan at ww, but the leaders seem to keep it hidden. Thats why I changed to slimming world. I want to be part of a meeting, not left in the side-lines.

And I would add measuring spoons and food scales if you haven't already got these.

You WILL find it difficult/complicated at first I'm sure - I know I did, but it is SO worth sticking with it! I can honestly say that I've NEVER felt hungry, there are so many options that you don't really feel you're on a diet at all. I now think of it as my normal way of eating - and my cholesterol level has gone down...

Give it a try for a few weeks, and GOOD LUCK! Roz V.

PS Slow as usual - was replying to page 2!!!

Last edited:
Candyspill
thank you ever so much for your reply.
it seems to be quite a common reason for people liking SW. Have to tell my hubby that i am joining another club.

no problem i just told my hubby that the thurs night ww wasnt suiting and was going to a wed class i do all the cooking anyway and he dosent even seem to have noticd that im eating the same as the rest of them and still doing ok all the best lesley xx

Back