is it time to lower my syns or am I tryin to lose too much?

debtin

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I have been sts with one gain of two pounds since start Jan. Few days off but then back on track. I plan my days and count my syns...mainly so this week as really wanted scales to budge. But today I have stayed the same. My syns vary from day to day but never less than five and never more than fifteen. Do I start reducing it to five or less now to see a change? I am 8st 10lb and 3/4 and I know that's not a lot but want to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 8st 3lb so half stone. Started doing thirty day shred every second night and was gettin demovitated at lack weight loss and no loss in inch. I eat til am full and have been varying my diet. Would rather keep my syns but wondering if should lower them? Also going to start the 30 day shred again. Feels like some days I am gettin hung up on this half stone but if I don't plan my food and be careful I have no control and end up eating chocolate everyday and high syns crisp so sw keeps me more healthy. Feels as tho I was losing weight when I wasn't as focused, as silly as that sounds. God just rambling now thanks

How about starting a food diary in the food diary sub-forum? That way people can see exactly what you're eating and suggest improvements or variations to ensure you stay on plan and lose.

I also find the food diary helps me keep a track of exactly what I'm eating and seeing it in black and white helps me make better choices!

As for syns - they're there to be used! You just need to use them whilst ensuring you stick to the plan with your super free and free foods and your healthy extras.

Do you go to a class? If not, perhaps this would be something to think about?

What is your BMI currently? perhaps it would be better to focus on that rather than the scales.

I would drop your syns to 10 a day to start, but bear in mind, reducing your syns to 10 or even to 5 from 15 will only reduce your calorie intake by 100-200 calories a day, so not even enough for half a pound a week.

Instead I would focus on upping your superfree at meals and snacking only on superfree.

Hi there

I am the same, I have been struggling to lose a couple of lbs to get to target since the middle of Jan and as the weeks have gone on, I am finding it harder to stick to the plan. Boo!

I will take on board Jaylous advice and see if I can get there! Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Will just need keep at it and not let myself get into the mind set of "what's the point".. least am not gaining tho its like effort, food constantly on my mind, am I eating enough, have I used my healthy extras, counting syns. Eating better which can only count in long run. Thanks guys, have great weekend x

Back