Is it too early to think of Christmas?

SammyE

Silver Member
Christmas has always been a rubbish time for me in a way... dont get me wrong, I love that time of year but all the christmas parties, new years etc surrounded by my friends in sexy slinky dresses... and Im wearing a tent... or trying to find something nice to wear... or trying to fit into that nice dress/top/skirt that fitted last Christmas and you wore only once and thinking "I DID NOT put on that much weight in a year.... did I??... no its shrunk... it must have shrunk... maybe magic knickers that come to my arm pits will help.... nope.. my magic knickers seem to have shrunk as well" bad times!

I noticed the sexy for summer challenge ends June 21st and we have plenty of short term challenges to keep us focused each month but weight loss (for most of us) isnt an over night thing so thought maybe we could start a Christmas challenge.

If it started after the Summer challenge finishes, it could start say Friday the 25th of June, then 6 months worth of weigh in's would mean the challenge would finish on Friday the 24th of December... or we could start it earlier so its finished in time for all the work Christmas parties to start... or do people think having the challenge ending after all the work christmas do's are over would help people be good?

What do people think?

Ooh is there? I must be going blind hehe I did look and couldnt see one... whats the title of the post?

I think I'm following you around Chris! LOL

I think its a great idea & be good to have one for all of us not on ww too.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner it starts the better, I need to get back on track & would love to be much closer to goal by Christmas. xx

Oooh its in the weight watchers forum. I never look in there because Im not on weight watchers thats why I didnt see it :)

Yeah, I'll see how many people reply to this post then and then start it whenever there are enough people, give it a week to give people chance to see it?

I'll just update the first page with peoples names, start weights and how much they want to lose :)

I'm on WW and I only just found it! and I'm in that forum all the time :D
and I'm surprised there isnt one here though, you guys should definitely start on here..I'll probably join that one too..LOL..no not really; one xmas challenge is enough I think...and I am doing WW :)

Ill join it! although i have so many short term goals its silly lol. i want to get to 13 and 1/2 stone by the end of july, then want to be less than 12 stone by my birthday in september, ideally i would love to be 11 stone so i guess that could be my christmas goal? lol

ooh this sounds like a great idea, the only problem for me would be thinking up a realistic achieveable target for me to meet.. i dont want it to be so easy that i'll get their in half the time, yet i dont want it to seem so daunting that it discourages me. starting this on 25th june sounds like a good idea, thats exactly 6 months before the big day so we should have some huge losses by the end of the challenge :)

you could break it up in to 3 months though, so think well 10lbs a month is a good amount so lets go for say 28lbs by september. then of course it will be dependant on how much you have left to lose and stuff like that :)

I like the sound of a Christmas challenge I'm already in a challenge to lose 4 stone and I know that we will extend it once we finish as a few of us are in this for the long haul, but I understand what you mean Sammy I want to look good for December/January so another challenge will help keep me on track as I do not want another year of looking like the Michelin Man in a jumper!!! Just let me know what threat to subscribe to.

Back