Is it too late?

wizzbang

Silver Member
Good morning everybody,
I cant help wondering if I have left it to late to enjoy any of the benefits of losing weight other than the health benefits.
I am losing weight and am happy that I am because I already feel lighter on my feet than I did before but I feel as though I am wasting my time.
What am I doing it for?
I started doing it because I want to be lovely, slim, healthy, look good, perhaps enjoy the company of the opposite sex again, feel confident and sexy and alluring etc but I feel that I have left it too late.
My skin will never go back to being how it should be.
I can feel loads of lumps and bumps under my skin which is the fat that has to come off, but I know my skin will never shrink enough.
I will look like a wizzened old bag and I dont want to. I want to be lovely.
I already am starting to get a wattle under my chin and am very aware of it.
I have had breast cancer and my boobs are already a mess because I couldnt wear a bra for a very long time and because I am heavy my boobs sagged a LOT, so now when I am losing weight this is going to get worse!
The skin on the top of my thighs is very soft and i'm sure it wont shrink as I lose weight but will just hang there like two empty pouches.
I am so down it's unbelievable.
Lynne x
THIS IS SO UNLIKE ME !!!

Hiya,

Don't have too much to tell you, but wanted to give you some support.

Do you do anything specific to try and tone up the '' looser'' bits? If not, might be worth a shot? I find that 30min bike ride to and from school really keeps my legs and bum toned.. might work if you try to work it up a bit ? Like 10min first, then 20 then 30 then 40 etc.. ? :) Or go for walks ?

Again, don't know if you do exercises but if it doesn't help it doesn't make it worse so it really is worth a shot.

Good luck hon, and keep your head up! :)

Hiya Lostris,
Yes I do loads of exercise. I walk a lot, swim, do very hard gardeing work which makes me ache so I know I am using muscles lol. I dont 'potter' in the garden because it is a new one I am building from scratch.
I live on my own so do everything myself so am hardly ever idle.
I think my skin is so lose as a result of yo yo dieting all my life.
Thanks for being there x
Lynne x

Hi!

Okay, so your definately moving A LOT!! Uhrm.. hmm. Well, I'm out of ideas then.

I can tell you I use 'sculpt up' lotion.. cream(something like that) from l'oreal for my tummy and it does make it more firm but I really can't tell you for certain if that'll help you at all..

Maybe someone else has an idea,

Chin up hon, you're doing fab I know you are! :)

xxxx Lostris

Good morning everybody,
I cant help wondering if I have left it to late to enjoy any of the benefits of losing weight other than the health benefits.
I am losing weight and am happy that I am because I already feel lighter on my feet than I did before but I feel as though I am wasting my time.
What am I doing it for?
I started doing it because I want to be lovely, slim, healthy, look good, perhaps enjoy the company of the opposite sex again, feel confident and sexy and alluring etc but I feel that I have left it too late.
My skin will never go back to being how it should be.
I can feel loads of lumps and bumps under my skin which is the fat that has to come off, but I know my skin will never shrink enough.
I will look like a wizzened old bag and I dont want to. I want to be lovely.
I already am starting to get a wattle under my chin and am very aware of it.
I have had breast cancer and my boobs are already a mess because I couldnt wear a bra for a very long time and because I am heavy my boobs sagged a LOT, so now when I am losing weight this is going to get worse!
The skin on the top of my thighs is very soft and i'm sure it wont shrink as I lose weight but will just hang there like two empty pouches.
I am so down it's unbelievable.
Lynne x
THIS IS SO UNLIKE ME !!!

Hi Lynne

It's never to late to enjoy the benefits of losing weight......no matter what age and you sound like an active person, so your energy levels will increase even more as you lose.

For me (having lost 40lbs so far), I feel lighter on my feet (like you) but have a more positive outlook on everything than I used to have, because I can do more and don't shy away from doing things that I otherwise would have, because of my weight......any diet I've been on had to 'click' in my head first that I really really wanted to do it for ME......after that it just gets easier and I find CD to be the easiest diet I've ever been on as I feel better each week and the motivation carries me into another week.

Hope this helps a bit - you will get over this hiccup and see that what you lose on CD than in lbs/inches is nothing compared to what you gain.

Good luck x

Hiya Minz and thank you.
I do love the diet, and the weight loss results, its just a cosmetic thing really. I will never be lovely and I want to be!! I suppose that sums it up. Perhaps its age getting to me as well lol.
Oh well, I will learn to live with it I suppose. I just dont understand why I am on such a downer either!!
Tomorrow is another day and perhaps I wont feel this way.
Lynne x
I'm sorry for being so miserable and like I said before, it is very unlike me so hopefully I will be back on form tomorrow.
Lynne x

hi lynne. try not to get down hon. this has been a discussion on the threads time and time again. it is a big worry. i'm only 25 and am hoping that youth alone will help my skin spring back but it's sagging away. and my boobs are never going to be pert and lovely. but i figure i would rather be saggy skinned and thin and healthy than fat, unable to move around much, lethargic and upset that nothing in my wardrobe fits, nothing hides the bulges and i'm going to get stared at as 'the fat one' on nights out and the resulting pictures. other than the health benefits there are so many other fantastic reasons, confidence not being the least of them. you will get there hon. and skin does some amazing things given time. i know that some people on here use bio oil to help with skin elasticity and stretch marks. maybe that would help?

chin up hon. you'll make it and you will be even more gorgeous :)

abz xx

Bio Oil?? Whats that and where from?
Lynne x

Hiya Minz and thank you.
I do love the diet, and the weight loss results, its just a cosmetic thing really. I will never be lovely and I want to be!! I suppose that sums it up. Perhaps its age getting to me as well lol.
Oh well, I will learn to live with it I suppose. I just dont understand why I am on such a downer either!!
Tomorrow is another day and perhaps I wont feel this way.
Lynne x
I'm sorry for being so miserable and like I said before, it is very unlike me so hopefully I will be back on form tomorrow.
Lynne x

Don't apologise for feeling down....it's only temporary and you will pick up. We all have days like that, but you will get less of them as time goes on and you feel all the benefits (like Abz put it).

Thanks for sharing - it's good to get these things out and know that you are not alone and that we're all travelling the same road, we're just on slightly different parts of it.

Hi Wizzbang,
I really get you!
I am heading toward 40 and long to have a body that I had in my 20's.. BUT I know this isn't going to happen!
Even after 2 stones (one with CD in 2 weeks) I already had crepe paper sin on my bottom and my tummy is a lot flabbier now their is less fat inside...
But you know something.... You say you want to be sexy? Even at my heaviest I never had problem attracting the opposite sex... sure there are men would would never go near anyone who doesn't have model looks but I have found this in the minority.
I think this is a personal saabotage thing going on.... that devil on the shoulder trying to give you an excuse to fail.....
But you WIll be slim!!!
You WILL be sexy....
You WILL be more active.....
You WILL be soooo glad you didn't give in....
I am thinking of maybe saving for a little 'work' on my body for after I get to my ideal weight, but will wait till I get there to decide if I really need it and whether I can afford it :)
Keep up the good work Wizzi... I think we have times like this...

xx

i'm not sure where you get it from hon. i think chemists stock it though. one sec... yup. i have just searched the boots website and it is there. it's pricey though. if you search for it on the forums i'm sure you'll find loads about it. plenty of people seem to think it's worth it.

abz xx

There is a shop called body care near us I saw this stuff yesterday but it wasbout £7 a bottle.... I might be tempted with trying this too..

xx

I'm listening girls, its working!! I agree with everything everybody is saying.
I wont listen to that devil.
Ive never had a prob attracting the blokes either but if my skin gets any worse I wont ever want to take my clothes off for anybody!!
Am I too old for surgery?
Lynne x

My Aunt had her boobs uplifted when she was 52...
Not sure how old you are wizzi but Look at Anne Robinson she is in her 60's and still has work done?
xx

Hi - I am in my 50's and have been ao one diet or another since I was in my 20's!
I have lost 3 of the 6 stone I need to get rid of and although I am looking so much better (when dressed) I am a bit worried about the 'skin' after another 3 stone has gone.
I have been using moisurising creams which have made my skin lovely and soft but done little to 'tone' it.
But - being slimmer and fitter has a big impact on your personality. I think that people who are slimmer and fitter after losing weight are much happier and more confident. I know that I am already.
That in itself is attractive!
Remember who you are losing weight for. You! So it's you who will benfit from feeling comfortable, fitter and more confident.
Chin up girl - get on with it! X

I'm 55. but today i feel 85 lol.
Hey your making me feel better!!! I laughed lol.
Lynne x
I will get some of that bio oil. I thought vitamin E cream was the thing to use?

Wilma ...... thank you !!
Will do, and suppose I will just have to keep my clothes on!! I wonder if I should find a bloke who is into rubber, those all in one suits that they wear lol, perhaps that would look nice !!! lol
Lynne x

Tilly thank you, I have just had a look at that link. It sounds like good stuff, I will get some on Monday.
Thank you very much for your support, its really really appreciated.
Lynne x

Well - I haven't thought about a rubber suit LOL not a bad idea!!!

I am 54 and had a hysterectomy when I was 30. Must have been the thing to do then LOL.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! Have a good day - keep posting.
X

Back