is it true about bananas??

lianna sorry to but in but were did you get your t-shirt that you have on in your avator i have been looking for one.

hi all,

I used to eat up to four bananas a day, until my mum said that too many bananas can slow the weight loss. She said she heard members saying this.

i stick to just one banana a day now, usually slice it up and put some in a muller light after dinner :)

I love bananas and wish i could have alot more.

I understand what you are saying jaylou, if you couldnt eat a few, why would they be a free food on sw?

I think ill ask my consultant about this.

Stacy

I think the answer to this is, like everything, everyone's bodies react differently! Some people can get away with takeaways, some can't, some can drink unlimited diet pops, some can't, some people can lose lots on gree, others have to do red - we all react differently to the things we eat!

so what is the bestest fruit to eat folks??

speed fruits!!! I love melon persoanlly! :D

I was told that over-ripe bananas actually contain an alcoholic content!

Was also told that too many buns with sesame seed toppings will cause a drug test to show positive for opiates.

Amazing what us train drivers are told, but for obvious reasons our tolerances aremore or less zero (far lower than for car driving) so we have to be careful.

I understand what you are saying jaylou, if you couldnt eat a few, why would they be a free food on sw?

I think ill ask my consultant about this.

It's more about the relative calorific content compared to other fruits, e.g. apples, oranges, etc - you'd have to eat quite a few more to have the same number of calories as a big banana.

Ultimately, SW is just another way of counting calories - hence why everything in moderation!

do they really slow down weight loss?

This was the original post - and the answer is, unless you are banana intolerant then no, they do not slow weight loss down!!

Excess syns, not measuring A's and B's and eating until stuffed and not satisfied slows weight loss down.

Vixxster where are you girl? Back me up on the nana front!!!! :D

No, they don't slow down weight loss. SW wouldn't make them a free food if this was the case. If you are hungry and need a snack, eat one. I only snack on superfree foods in between meals and I eat a lot of bananas. Sometimes one a day, sometimes 3. I think sometimes people use them as an excuse for not losing as much as they think they should!!

But, before you shoot me - it's my opinion!! I believe all SW tells me and bananas wouldn't be superfree and unrestricted if there was a problem with them. Same goes for grapes :)

^^ AGREE!!

What's worse? Eating a couple of nanas or eating a chocolate bar? 350 calories in your Boost there. 80 in your nana.

Also - there's around 100 cals in your Muller Light, don't ever hear anyone running round going "ONOEZ!!! EATED TOO MANY MULLERLIGHTS AM FAT NOOOWWW"

Blame chocolate, blame pizza, blame that sneaky Chinese, blame the times you hoover up the kids' leftovers - BEFORE you go banana-bashing!

Oh, and hilarious story. Peter Andre once got admitted to hospital for overdosing on bananas, think he ate nothing but bananas for a week, like more than 10 a day, and got admitted to hospital with potassium poisoning.

Well, it amused me at least...

Oooo Vixxster, glad you're here, making me chuckle, I been looking for ya! I was browsing your blog the other day, love it by the way, when I have convinced myself you did some chocolate couscous muffins, did I imagine it? I can't find them on there now (I always forget to bookmark at the time).

Anyway back on topic, I polish off 2-3 banana's and a punnet of grapes easily. So long as I've stuck to plan, I lose that week. It's not the grapes or bananananana's. It's the vk cherry and pizza >.<

Back