Is it usual to get fed up with the meals week two...

Rissole76

So this is what I love about the plan -

The big losses
The ease of preparing meals
How quickly Ill be able to get to goal if the losses remain.
Not too hungry
Drinking lots of water

BUT... this week, especially the last couple of days Ive really struggled with the meals, nearly gagging on some. Its not that I dont like them, I think because it was repeating the same meals over and over again, it just wasnt sitting well with me. I quite enjoy the breakfasts (porridge and oatmeal), the shakes are fine, the soups are fine, but Im starting to not want to eat the main meals. It started with veges first, I was having brocolli with every protein meal and then just couldnt face it anymore, now its the main meals. I really hope this passes as I actually like the meals but just having trouble stomaching them at the moment. Anyone else have this problem? Please tell me it passes!! I could just try have the soups and shakes, but I just think I may feel hungry and that may lead to binging?! Ive only got tommorrow and thats 2 full weeks over! And I want to finish the plan! Maybe its because I started having 4 sachets a day rather than a protein meal, Ive gone back to 3 plus protein to see if that helps!!

I'm on start of week 3 and not bored of the meals at all.

Maybe try having a different veg every day? There are quite a few to choose from. You can also have other proteins such as tuna, eggs and cottage cheese.

Try different combinations of meals and veg- are you having the same meal packs all the time?

I have heard people say that your tastes change on this plan so you may be sick of one meal this week but then enjoy it in a few weeks again.

Stick with it!

You can mix it up, if you don't fancy the meals don't have them!!

I quite like porridge for tea or shakes
:) tastes will change just go with it

Agreed change up the veggies, have em different ways - do a little stir fry, or big salad or do a Spanish type omlette with veg, or make a little veg soup. Lots of options

Keep going Xx

RebekahR said:
You can mix it up, if you don't fancy the meals don't have them!!

I quite like porridge for tea or shakes
:) tastes will change just go with it

Agreed change up the veggies, have em different ways - do a little stir fry, or big salad or do a Spanish type omlette with veg, or make a little veg soup. Lots of options

Keep going Xx

I agree, loads of options, no need to just eat certain packs. Soup pack is good as a sauce over chicken, omelette with veg, I like scrambled eggs and smoked salmon strips..
Stir fry, porridge with cinnamon, hot shakes, shakes as dessert! Shake it up and see if it helps?
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I think it could vary from person to person.
It's happened to me. I got bored of 2 of the S&S meals and some of the veg, hoping I'll want then again eventually. To be honest I get like this when I'm not even on a diet! If I eat something too many days in a row I get bored. So I'm trying to mix things up a bit.

Rissole, there's a great sticky on here about what the packs looks like and what you can do with them, it's great seeing how inventive people are, someone even made KFC style chicken using the oatmeal and herbs as a coating. I've just had the mac cheese but it was a bit too salty for me, I think I'll be adding a bit of chilli next time to give it a kick or how about adding garlic to the mushroom pasta? If you like the soups a lot you could even use them as a sauce over your protein and veg or even just add extra veg/boullion to make them a bit more like chunky style.

Rissole, there's a great sticky on here about what the packs looks like and what you can do with them, it's great seeing how inventive people are, someone even made KFC style chicken using the oatmeal and herbs as a coating. I've just had the mac cheese but it was a bit too salty for me, I think I'll be adding a bit of chilli next time to give it a kick or how about adding garlic to the mushroom pasta? If you like the soups a lot you could even use them as a sauce over your protein and veg or even just add extra veg/boullion to make them a bit more like chunky style.

Yep, I second this.

I'm only just coming to the end of my sample taster pack... but remember from my Lighter Life Lite days all sorts of tricks with the foodpacks to mix things up a bit - it's mostly the samey texture I can't stand after a while! The thread Spandex mentioned is also brilliant.

I haven't been having a meal one every day but interchanging with protein meal or doing something different with a soup/shake - my favorites are poppadums (chicken or mushroom) which are deliciously crunchy & so easy to take to work/eat on the move from tupperwear, frozen breakfast bars (strawberry or vanilla), cookies (oatmeal/porridge) & souffles (chocolate/caramel!)
I know technically you're supposed to be cautious about altering the preparation of packs as they cannot guarantee the nutrional content etc. but it seems to work for me.

Spandex said:
ooooh popadoms how did you make them? I haven't come across that recipe yet and I really need something other than soup for work lunches.

I was thinking the same-recipe please :)

I was thinking the same-recipe please :)

Ah, I (I say I, I mean DH as he had greater culinary skills than me ;) ) make a sort of paste with approx 4tsp water & a soup, then smear it fairly finely over greaseproof paper (have experimented with different shapes - actually best to make a sort of square horseshoe otherwise the middle gets overdone!) & then microwave for approx 90-120s (watching for the steam to come out & clear). Leave to crisp for a few minutes then peel off, crack into tupperware & nom nom nom. :D

Back