Is it worth it

Springador

On day 9 of 100th restart, have been drinking loads of water with flavouring as I cant stomach plain, weighed in today and only lost 4lb, also I have been unable to get into ketosis, each time I check the stick reads negative.
What is going wrong, could it be anything to do with the water flavouring, its the only thing I am doing different and usually I am in ketosis by day 3.

yes its probably the water flavouring, that's why we're not allowed to have any until week 3 when we're in ketosis It contains enough carbs to keep you from reaching ketosis but not enough to kick you out of it. So when you're firmly in ketosis (3 weeks on SS) then you can incorporate the flavourings, mousse mix, bars etc.

I have not started on the water flavouring yet, but from what I have read on here you are only meant to use 1tsp a day in 2 litres of water. So if you are using more than that I guess that could delay ketosis as well.

I am only putting a small tsp in a 2.2litre bottle but I am drinking 2 of these a day which I guess in too much.
If I dont use the flavouring I wont drink the water it makes me gag.

Have you tried peppermint or green tea?

Counts as water allowance and sometimes better to take than plain water.

I personally cant take cold water - has to be slightly warm or at least room temp.

I sometimes drink just hot water (sounds weird but anything's better than cold!), but usually black coffee with a sweetener, made mild. It's the only way I can get enough fluid down me.

Not all the water flavourings are the same - the savoury vegetable one is made per cup (and it's nice, just like drinking hot soup).

Hot liquids are so much more satisfying than cold imho. :)

I found it hard drinking the water then i found a way that made it easier for me, i got a drink bottle with one of those tops you suck so i just kept sipping all the time.Some how it went down quicker.Also i fill a 2 lt bottle in the morning & leave it in the kitchen so it gets to room temperature.It could be worth a try.There was no one worse than me for hating water, but given time its got so much easier.

A couple of things spring to mind, actually.

First of all, there's absolutely no need to force yourself to drink 4 litres of water per day. The minimum fluid intake is 4 pints which works out at around 2 and a half litres (just a bit less, in fact). That thing about the more you drink, the more you shrink just isn't true. So don't feel that you have to drink 4 litres, okay?

As Lexie said, you could try drinking peppermint tea, decaffeinated coffee, etc. This all counts towards your minimum 4 pints per day.

Secondly, 4 pounds is still a great weight loss. Yes, it doesn't seem great compared to some of the first week losses posted here--but that'll be because many of those posting those huge first week losses weighed considerably more than you do to start with. Bear in mind too that it could be that it's your time of the month, or that you could be a bit constipated--and that tomorrow, you might find you've dropped 2 or 3 more pounds overnight. That's how this diet seems to work.

I'm not so sure that the water flavourings have very much to do with it. Yes, they're reported by some to slow things down, but they never have for me and besides, overall, your calorie intake has to be way down on what it was. If you came straight off another diet on to Cambridge, that first week loss might not be as great either.

Lastly, don't worry about the ketostix. Some people lose five, six, seven stones or more and never see those pesky sticks turn pink... If you're sticking to Cambridge (with or without water flavourings), the weight will come off.

Chin up hon. You're doing just fine. :D

Oh aye - ketostix. I binned mines last time as they were a waste of 36. I could never get the bloody things to turn.

But I was losing weight, manky mouth, thirsty, and not hungry. Obviously in ketosis but sticks were rubbish

Trust your body rather than the sticks.

Much of what others have said. Ditch the stix..I never got a positive reading from them. Again, if it's hard to drink 4L, don't drink 4L, as said above, it's 2.25L minimum.

Strictly speaking, the only drink other than water that counts towards your minimum fluid is redbush. Admit I have a problem with this, but that's what Cambridge say.

Have you tried redbush?

As for the 4lbs and whether it's worth it. On my restarts I only lost 3.5lbs and 3lbs. Was it worth it to me? Yep. Absolutely. I couldn't lose more on any other diet, so it was that or grow bigger by the day.

So is it worth it to you? Well, I guess only you know that. A chance to be slim or not. You decide ;)

I hope the people who have Kd as their counseller appreciate what theyve got!!haha!!
Mine are also fab(I have 2) but Its taken a long time to find them!!
xx

Back