Is LLL for me??

nila

I have tried many times and failed many times at losing weight with Weight Watchers and Slimming World etc.

I think my problem is I am easily tempted, and for that reason I was thinking maybe LLL would be good for me as I could just clear out my cupboards and start afresh?

I'd love to hear how people cope without having a few glasses of wine on a night out, how you ignore the cream cakes etc that have been brought in to the office??

I have between 2 and 3 stone to lose, the reason I don't know exactly is that I am very heavy anyway even when slim so I prefer to go by dress size... I won;t know until I get there if that makes sense? Would I achieve this loss within 3 months??

I am going to a consultation next week but just wondered if I could get some honest opinions from people.

Hey nila!

I'd say one of the ways LLL works better than calorie-reduction diets alone is that because you're also reducing carbs, your body is in a state of ketosis, which burns fat but also reduces appetite. So you don't feel as hungry, which makes it easier to turn things down.

Additionally, by going carb-free you cut out all the sugars that usually cause cravings and ups and downs, so your appetite and your cravings are on a far more even keel - at least physically. Psychologically you may find treats more addictive than me, but that's where the counselling helps and provides a format to work through the actual mental processes that are getting in the way of healthy living!

That holistic approach is part of what makes LLL my method of choice. The other thing that really appeals is that when I told my GP I was losing, he guessed immediately which diet I was on - because I was healthy, and had lost a lot of weight quickly, and because it was the diet several of his GP colleagues had recently followed! If the health profession opt in, you know it's safe! Most of the time...

Also, none of the cutting things out is permanent. For the ketosis state to work, you need to be really disciplined for at least 1 week, ideally 2, and then your body will just adapt. This might require some willpower and not going out for nights out, but later down the line you can maybe slowly add in other treats. Myself, I drink soda water with LL St Clements water flavouring in it, or Berocca vitamin supplements - and occasionally a dash of 0kcal vodka (though that's still naughty by LLL standards!)

Hope this helps! Good luck x

Thank you for the very informative reply. I am currently following Weight Watchers until after Christmas then I will decide if I need to switch!!!

Back