Is quorn mince ok?

loulalou

I don't like beef so was thinking of using quorn mince. Its 3.9 carbs per serving but 4.1 fibre, does this mean its ok?

Yes Louise, quorn is lovely! It is also free and speed food too! Use it for spag Bol, chilli con Carne! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What's a speed food? Glad its ok!

I've just realised that you're on the Atkins diet. Sorry I was on the wrong thread as I'm doing slimming world. Best check the quorn mince. On SW speed means it will speed your weight loss. good luck with your diet!

Don't look at the fibre in the UK, just the carbs. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's too high. What about chicken or lamb mince, both 0g carbs. Good luck :D

Sorry if this is a dumb question Cinta but why should I ignore the fibre if in UK?

Cinta said:
Don't look at the fibre in the UK, just the carbs. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's too high. What about chicken or lamb mince, both 0g carbs. Good luck :D

Hey Cinta...out of interest where do you get your lamb mince? I thought it would be carb free but found out (after I had eaten shed loads of it) that 'British Lamb Mince' from Sainsbury's is 3.8 carbs per 100g!!! :(

Last edited:
Hey Louise, in the US the carbs listed on packaging include the fibre so to get a true picture of the carb content you would deduct the fibre amount. The value left is called 'net' carbs. However in the UK the carb value listed on the packaging already has the fibre deducted and therefore it is already the true carb value so it doesn't matter what the fibre amount is.

Great thanks for that :)

Back