Is reefed and maintenance the same?

Hi :)

Short answer- No! Refeed is what you need to do in order to successfully come off the total food replacement diet without gaining back a good chunk of the weight you lost. It is very important that you follow the refeed week to the letter as it re introduces all the different food groups slowly, there is a sticky on the main forum about it.

Maintenance is (to me anyway) what you do following TFR and refeed in order to maintain the weight you lost. Some people continue to use 2 lipotrim maintenace products and have one low carb meal a day, some join WW/SW, some follow low GI principles etc

In my opinion it is better to follow some sort of plan when you finish refeed rather than go it alone. Losing the weight is the easy bit, maintaining is the hard part. In simple terms you need to look at it as a lifestyle change because if you go back to your old food habits then you will inevitibly regain the weight you lost. Might be a good idea to maybe read through a few diaries on the maintenace section to give you some ideas and you can put a plan into place for when you finish TFR? Tanyas diary is fab.

Best of luck x

RetailChick said:
Hi :)

Short answer- No! Refeed is what you need to do in order to successfully come off the total food replacement diet without gaining back a good chunk of the weight you lost. It is very important that you follow the refeed week to the letter as it re introduces all the different food groups slowly, there is a sticky on the main forum about it.

Maintenance is (to me anyway) what you do following TFR and refeed in order to maintain the weight you lost. Some people continue to use 2 lipotrim maintenace products and have one low carb meal a day, some join WW/SW, some follow low GI principles etc

In my opinion it is better to follow some sort of plan when you finish refeed rather than go it alone. Losing the weight is the easy bit, maintaining is the hard part. In simple terms you need to look at it as a lifestyle change because if you go back to your old food habits then you will inevitibly regain the weight you lost. Might be a good idea to maybe read through a few diaries on the maintenace section to give you some ideas and you can put a plan into place for when you finish TFR? Tanyas diary is fab.

Best of luck x

Thanks so much for you're help, how much have u lost on LT?
I understand it a lot more now! I'm definitely going to join we after refeed to keep it off! Do people still loose on those Linda diets after loosing so much on LT ?

Hi, Well only speaking for myself I started TFR in 2010 with probably maximum 2stone to lose, I lost 18lbs the first month and got down to 10st 2lbs. Then managed to get to 9st 10lbs with ww pro points. I maintained at 9st 12lbs to 10st for over 1 year before we started trying for our second baby. I was thrilled with this and I believe it is down to keeping a diary on here listing everything I was eating each day that I managed to maintain the weight. Sure there were weeks were I was up a lb or two but then there were weeks were I would be down a few lbs. The point is documenting everything you're eating and doing it honestly will make you think twice about having that takeaway or cake!

I put on 4st while pregnant ( I had some pelvis and back problems and exercise was totally out of the question!) and had our little girl 9 weeks ago. Most of the weight fell of within 2 weeks of having her but I still had nearly 2st to lose again, I started tfr again 4 weeks ago and lost 13lbs. I am now refeeding. MY plan for after refeed is to follow a low fat, low carb diet set out by the new gym I've joined. Hopefully I will get back to 9st 12lbs in the next few months with this programme. Once I reach that I will definitely go back to WW (not meetings just counting everything I eat) another option I am consisdering is JUDDD. You will need to google that as I dont know alot about it yet but if you read the last page of my diary (daily tracker) Vanessa explains it quite well.........seems a very easy way of life but I could easy see how someone could go wild on it!

How are you getting on? have you far to go? I cant see your stats xx

RetailChick said:
Hi, Well only speaking for myself I started TFR in 2010 with probably maximum 2stone to lose, I lost 18lbs the first month and got down to 10st 2lbs. Then managed to get to 9st 10lbs with ww pro points. I maintained at 9st 12lbs to 10st for over 1 year before we started trying for our second baby. I was thrilled with this and I believe it is down to keeping a diary on here listing everything I was eating each day that I managed to maintain the weight. Sure there were weeks were I was up a lb or two but then there were weeks were I would be down a few lbs. The point is documenting everything you're eating and doing it honestly will make you think twice about having that takeaway or cake!

I put on 4st while pregnant ( I had some pelvis and back problems and exercise was totally out of the question!) and had our little girl 9 weeks ago. Most of the weight fell of within 2 weeks of having her but I still had nearly 2st to lose again, I started tfr again 4 weeks ago and lost 13lbs. I am now refeeding. MY plan for after refeed is to follow a low fat, low carb diet set out by the new gym I've joined. Hopefully I will get back to 9st 12lbs in the next few months with this programme. Once I reach that I will definitely go back to WW (not meetings just counting everything I eat) another option I am consisdering is JUDDD. You will need to google that as I dont know alot about it yet but if you read the last page of my diary (daily tracker) Vanessa explains it quite well.........seems a very easy way of life but I could easy see how someone could go wild on it!

How are you getting on? have you far to go? I cant see your stats xx

Sorry I'm new to the forum so don't really know how to update my stats and things( especially from my phone) lol excuse any spelling mistakes, I read the last message I sent back and it was horrific ha!
I'm similar to you actually i think I only need to loose 2 stone then il be happy to follow weight watchers I'm 5'7 and 13 stone at the moment! So ideally I would like to be at 10 stone for next summer! - that's the goal
Hoping to get 2 stone off by Xmas though.
Had so many ups and downs the last few years with my weight.. I used to live off cracker bread and cuppa soups and lost 3 stone in about 6 months a few years ago and of course it's all back on now because I didn't do it the right way! More recently I tried slimming world and didn't loose anything on it! So I feel this is the best option for me :)
Had my first day today and it wasn't too bad! Coming on here I helping me a lot!
Definitely going to change my eating habits and exercise more to maintain my loss!
13 pounds is brilliant seeking as u haven't got much to loose either! How are u finding refeeding?
U did great to maintain all that time, I think a lot of people think it would all go back on.. But u prove to me that if u be sensible u can keep it off for good!
I bet having a young baby keeps you on ur toes too :)
Thanks for reply ill check out your diary xxx

You will well have 2st off before Xmas! I know what you mean about your weight jsut creeping up. Thats what happened to me........too many meals out, takeaways and wine over the course of year. LT is good in that it cleanses your tastebuds...you will find yourself so looking forward to your tuna salad etc when refeeding :)

Best of luck anyway and remember to drink loads of water :) x

Thank you I have got my fingers crossed!!! 2nd day going ok! Drinking plenty of water!
Thanks for all your help and guidance, good luck with refeed! I'll check ur diary to see how ur getting on x

Back