Is Swimming Really That Good For you..... Ive started going swimming,

I've just started swimming and average 2/3 times a week and swim for about 25/30 minutes solid. I've got into the habit of going between 3 and 4 in the afternoon and more often or not have had the pool to myself which suits me fine. I can already feel the difference which is encouraging me to make the effort and go. I have 2 dogs do walk daily and today I went for my first attempt at running with Couch25k

I joined the gym at work last Friday. I went swimming on Tuesday and did aquafit tonight. My thighs really ache so it obviously does some good!!

Just make sure that you take a day off inbetween swimming ! Gives your body time to recover etc.... People really do underestimate how good swimming really is, I think because the water makes you feel weighless, that you actually think you are not doing any thing... :)

I did Aqua fit, (top tip wear socks in the pool, to stop from slipping when you are turning and running on the spot etc) everyone laughed at me when I wore socks.... then the week after, they were all wearing them ! I liked Aqua Fit, but I preferred swimming.

I also did Aqua Zumba, which I can not see being any different to Aqua Aerobics really... I didn't like that, I could not hear what she was saying, I could not see what she was doing either !

I've just started swimming and average 2/3 times a week and swim for about 25/30 minutes solid. I've got into the habit of going between 3 and 4 in the afternoon and more often or not have had the pool to myself which suits me fine. I can already feel the difference which is encouraging me to make the effort and go. I have 2 dogs do walk daily and today I went for my first attempt at running with Couch25k

I really need to look into this Couch25k thing !

Lisa xx

Ive just looked at the C25k.... it involves running, so that is out of the question !

Lisa xx

I can't run to save my life - why not just speed up your walking as much as you can when it comes to the jog part? May be worth a try and you will be getting in 30 minutes of excerise - just do what you can at your own pace. I'm told it gets easier the more you do. I can't jog the 60 seconds at the moment so just do the best I can :)

After a roasting hot day at work,,,,,,,,I can confirm swimming really does help lol !!! It was a case of through the door, off with the clothes and in the pool........aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry folks but 90 degrees here today. I will swap for a bit of rain please.

Sorry Sue, I'm English so I can't handle the sun. Rain is mine wohahaha!

Back