is Tabasco allowed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by need-to-lose, 5 January 2007 Social URL.

1. need-to-lose

need-to-lose Full Member

i was wonder if i am allowed to add tabasco in my soup, can sum1 plz tell me.

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    yep, it is

4. need-to-lose

need-to-lose Full Member

omg i just had oriantal chilli soup and it was yuk :( i had to chuck it down the sink, wat are those bits in that soup they were horrid:( are all the soups as bad as that flavour?
    i am hungrey and misrable and now i have gone and chucked my last meal down the drain.
    :( :( :( :(

5. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I love the chicken & mushroom soup and the brocolli & cheese...not a great fan of the oriental chilli TBH!! Although I think its grand made into crisps if thats any help!

Can you not make another pack or do you only have the exact amount to get you thru til you see your CDC again?

6. need-to-lose

need-to-lose Full Member

yep i have the rite amount until i see me cdc agian, how do u make crisps are they easy to make?

7. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
  8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    oh, forgot to mention, you really do need to have all your packs each day otherwise you are not getting all the nutritional stuff you need

Can you take another pack and arrange to see your CDC earlier than you had originally intended?

9. lisaloooo

lisaloooo Full Member

So far I have tried the spicy tomato and the chicken and mushroom and both were really nice.

I mean they aren't heinz :( but they are pretty good and nice to have something savoury:)

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I believe the latest recommendation is no to tabasco due to the ingredients. You can use a small amount of curry powder, and other natural herbs and spices. I will try to double check.

11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Right, done a little searching around. I believe because tobasco is made with chillis, vinegar and salt it is no longer recommended as an addition. Hope that helps.

12. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    :eek: :eek: :eek: When was that recommendation made????:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've been using it as usual:eek: :eek: :eek:

13. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sometime last year - around September time I believe. Can't find the original thread I read it on, but tis a no-no now. If it's not affecting your weightloss, etc then I wouldn't worry.

14. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    ok thanx DQ....am beginning to wonder wat other false illusions I am under lol

15. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sorry mate ;)

16. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was getting all excited about being able to add tobasco as I couldn't stand the tastes of anything I tried the last time. Am starting tomorrow so was going to add a drop to all of them. That bubble was burst fairly fast :(

What kind of curry powder DQ? Any particular brand?

Thanks

Sarah

17. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I don't think there is any particular brand, but it's a small amount you can add - more than enough to flavour a soup though :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. joh117

joh117 Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Is that just for CD or LL aswell? We were told at my first LL class you could have Tabasco so have added it to every soup I have!!!

Jo

20. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I can only speak for CD. Really need to see if I can find the link where it's discussed...

21. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Here you go, knew I had read it somewhere.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.