Is the second time harder?

Day one again for me. Took last week off as was Tarbet purely and hoped coming off plan might help. It didn't and all that happened was I gained weight (10lb!!!!!) So I have restated today and I am back on plan now until Christmas. Doing four shakes a day and being strict with myself and spacing them out evenly throughout the day. So 8am, midday, 4pm and 8pm, with at least 750ml water in between each shake. At least that is the plan!

I joined the gym today and signed up for a weight loss class through them. 6 week class with different exercise class each week specifically aimed at weight loss and toning. So showing us how to make the most out of different equipment, that kind of thing! Looks really good. Even better the pertain who loses the most in that 6 week period wins 6 months free gym membership! Now if that doesn't motivate me... :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I didnt learn from my bad habits and therefore I have put 10lb back on too - just so annyoed with myself because although I didnt quite get to my goal last time (within 5lbs) I felt fantastic. This time I need to get below my original goal of 10st

The exercise class sounds like a good plan and something to keep you motivated. its the toning up that i think i need to do too..........sit ups, squats and lunges............ugh the thought of it makes me want chocolate lol!!

Right, Day 4 and I'm trying really hard to keep busy and not let the hunger pains get me down.

We are staying with friends on Saturday night and I know everyone will have a curry, but I am going to have a dry chicken dish with no rice and I am going to have a Gin & Tonic - I cant put my life on hold, I didn't last time and I still lost weight. If l lose 4lbs the first week i will be happy :)

Have a good day everyone x

Well, did you manage to stick to dry chicken and one gin and tonic. I'm doing CD for a second time too and finding it much harder as I know all the cheats now. I was having the odd glass of white wine but have cut that out and now if I am out for the evening have a gin with two slim line tonics so it really lasts me. I have found this has really helped my losses. had a lot of STS with the wine but now I have managed to get to my lowest weight this year. Hope you're sticking at it. It's well worth it, and we can actually get to goal this time if we just stay with it.

Well, did you manage to stick to dry chicken and one gin and tonic. I'm doing CD for a second time too and finding it much harder as I know all the cheats now. I was having the odd glass of white wine but have cut that out and now if I am out for the evening have a gin with two slim line tonics so it really lasts me. I have found this has really helped my losses. had a lot of STS with the wine but now I have managed to get to my lowest weight this year. Hope you're sticking at it. It's well worth it, and we can actually get to goal this time if we just stay with it.

i had more than 1 G&T!! but I did eat dry chicken tikka and salad. We've done a 6.2 mile walk today to burn some calories. Weigh in tomorrow at 9am. I'm hoping for a 4lb loss all things considered

i hope you're doing ok

Hmm, guessed as much.....they don't seem to go in ones, the old g&t's! That's why I get two tonics to spin it out a bit. My WI with CWPC is Tuesday at noon. Would much rather it was 9am thought, before 'brekkie'! Good luck tomorrow!

4lb loss this week :D very pleased considering I went out on Saturday and strayed off the diet Bring on week 2 !!

Last edited:
Week 2 is going ok, i still feel hungry but not as miserable ! Today is going to hard though as I'm in the car for a lot of the day, and whilst drinking water is ok I will end up stopping all the time to use a loo - you can't have it all your own way eh lol!

I lost 1 lb. That's a stone off in six months and 2 stone 8lbs off since January. Slower second time around but getting there.:)

hi - back again for me - been back an forth about twenty time now (not seriously though) but this time I am determind to do it - want to lose 2 stone by christmas - or breaking it down so I dont scare myself silly - 10lb by the 8th Nov - got my graduation do to go to
I have been trying all week to do calorie counting and put on 2lbs - grrr so back to what I know works for me, cambridge
away for the weekend so I was going to start tomorrow but think I might be being a bit silly saying that so MONDAY Here I come.... should I do 810 for the first few days or go straigt for sole source?

Easing into it is better so I'd probably go for 810, and even then, try and cut down on the carbs over the weekend. Makes it much easier. Good luck!

Hi guys can i join , this is my second time around , i too would like to lose another 2 stone hopefully by christmas, i was dreading the thought of starting again !!! But , i kerp reminding myself this is my choice !!!! And , i want to do it ! So far not too bad , it'll be the weekend that'll the the tester! Good luck all xx

The more the merrier of second-timers! I'm at your start weight now so it will be good fun trying to catch you up so stick around! :)

Hi guys can i join , this is my second time around , i too would like to lose another 2 stone hopefully by christmas, i was dreading the thought of starting again !!! But , i kerp reminding myself this is my choice !!!! And , i want to do it ! So far not too bad , it'll be the weekend that'll the the tester! Good luck all xx

You are more than welcome to join us Juliebags - us second timers need all the support we can get lol!!
im in week 2 and tonight I'm feeling really hungry for some reason. Had a busy day and felt good but now I'm sitting on the sofa consumed by the temptation to eat cheese ......

Back