Is the time right

Miss Fenella

I have been down a bit lately and yesterday for me brought into focus how much I really want to eat.

Not mind blowing gourmet food but regular things like apples, citrus etc

Now I have been on LL for nearly 4 months and have done well with no cheating or lapses. Even when I was ill I carried on with the diet BUT I now feel I am ready to start eating. I miss the familial thing of sitting down together and TBH I am sick to death of shakes - the cackky taste they leave in my mouth is driving me to distraction.

So, I have been thinking about W8 where you can eat limited amounts each day or even going into management now on LL.

I still have a fair old bit to lose but am confident I can do this and eat - it will just be slower.

I just needed to get down how I was feeling. Will spend today thinking about what I want to do next.

Thanks for reading

THat is sort of what I am fearing when I get in to this for a few months. Just the possibility that sheer boredom will one day finally get to me. In these early days, I feel absolutely committed and no deisre to change anything, but I can certainly understand how youmust be feeling Miss F.

W8 does sound like an interesting plan, and I have seen some good losses on their posts too.

You have 30 pounds to go, so less then three months, Is that right? It's a hard call. Its not a HUGE amount of time left, but I think once your mind starts ticking, it can get a bit tricky staying motivated? Thats how it is for me anyway.

Good tto put your thoughts down, you will get lots of advice. But listen to your gut insticts - reallly listen. If you feel you can go now and start to eat healthy once a day and stick to that, then thats a very good option. But if you feel at all usnure or doubtful, maybe RTM is a better option.

Hard call - wish you luck with you choice. :)

I suppose part of me feels I am giving up with the job half done - which I am.

Am spending the day in the garden which is tough with zero energy but, allows some thinking time. I am 90% sure I will stick it until the end of March as I committed to myself.

Just having a whinge really :D

Ello Miss F xx

Sorry ur feeling down and "fed up" with the shakes... I think I've been on it roughly the same time - It's week 13 for me... and I am feeling exactly the same but know I will not lose the same amount on any other diet as this one... Have you thought about switching to CD as they apparently have more flavours etc??? xx

Hi Claire - it's not the taste really it's the ingredients - I think milk and I do not mix as I have a very furry tongue and mouth.

I can't wait to eat because I want something fresh and zingy rather than powdery and milky!

I'll keep going I think but maY HAVE TO HAVE AN APPLE SOME DAY SOON!

Have you made any decisions yet Miss F? I can understand where you are coming from on this - how are you at only eating a limited amount though? You see I know that that's not for me, I need the whole abstinence thing to get the weight off before I look at eating food but we are all different.

If you did stick with LL you're only looking at being on abstinence I'd say for another 2 months and then RTM would kick in - do you feel in your heart of hearts that you can do that? If not then maybe W8 (which to be honest I know nothing about - not read up on it) is your best bet.

Its funny how its the fresh things we fancy eating now (well me anyway!), I was convinced I would crave chocolate and junk but actually an apple seems far more appetising now.

I think you should go with whatever feels right for you but I guess it would be hard to go back to abstinance once you leave it so you are wise in taking a few days to have a think.

You have done so well so far :)

Hi Claire - it's not the taste really it's the ingredients - I think milk and I do not mix as I have a very furry tongue and mouth.

I can't wait to eat because I want something fresh and zingy rather than powdery and milky!

I'll keep going I think but maY HAVE TO HAVE AN APPLE SOME DAY SOON!

Ah... well from experience... I used to eat a pile of junk and for the first 8 weeks (ish) all I craved was some fresh fruit, or lettuce, or something like that... Xmas came along (on my week 7 I think) and I ate turkey etc... couldn't get myself back on track after that and to be honest, it's been the same ever since. I eat for a day, then I'm back on it strictly for a few days, then I go and eat again - even if it is just an apple, or something. Anything.

Just in case u were thinking of doing it... (which i don't know if u were) don't lapse just to eat an apple... it is the hardest thing getting back on to it... 6 weeks after xmas and everyday is a struggle for me... If I was to start LL again I would go the whole length with nothing atall :sigh::(

sorry you are having a tough time Claire - it is good to come here for support though and I hope my mulling hasn't made you think of food!

I have less to go than I have been abstaining - it's a matter of weeks isn't it! Silly me. I am going to hang on for my apple!

:) I know what you mean about the apple Miss F., I was sitting across from this woman eating an apple during a meeting on thursday and an Apple never looked that good or that inviting before. :)

I just posted about dating.. I can't help but wonder, if I was doing some other programme that involved food, my life would maybe feel a little more normal.. something like Slimming world.. (not that I know much about it).

It just feels like I have to wait so much longer.. But I am sure nothing else would work as quick as this... So my suggestion to you is, if you can stand it, wait... you really have maybe 8 or 9 more weeks to go... You are nearly there ;) and then that apple will be even more amazing...

Hey Reshmus...:)

Have a look at my thread comparing LL to Slimming World!!! It miles longer the LL...its a good diet, but you must have patience and self control....and generally all the weigh comes right back onl I pulled out my old books and was astounded at the lenght of time and the small amount of weight I lost! It is an interesting comparisom!

anyway...hope you are well!! :D

Ah... well from experience... I used to eat a pile of junk and for the first 8 weeks (ish) all I craved was some fresh fruit, or lettuce, or something like that... Xmas came along (on my week 7 I think) and I ate turkey etc... couldn't get myself back on track after that and to be honest, it's been the same ever since. I eat for a day, then I'm back on it strictly for a few days, then I go and eat again - even if it is just an apple, or something. Anything.

Just in case u were thinking of doing it... (which i don't know if u were) don't lapse just to eat an apple... it is the hardest thing getting back on to it... 6 weeks after xmas and everyday is a struggle for me... If I was to start LL again I would go the whole length with nothing atall :sigh::(

whole hearted agree with what you say xx

I agree - I am sorry you suffered and found it so difficult Claire - but take heart , you have helped a lot of us new starters by seeing the importance of staying on track. I know it didn;t help you, but youare dealing with it now, with all our support - but it wasn't in vain - you have helped others. I hope this is coming across right - its meant as a compliment. Its sometimes hard to put on here what you really mean!!! :)

I agree - I am sorry you suffered and found it so difficult Claire - but take heart , you have helped a lot of us new starters by seeing the importance of staying on track. I know it didn;t help you, but youare dealing with it now, with all our support - but it wasn't in vain - you have helped others. I hope this is coming across right - its meant as a compliment. Its sometimes hard to put on here what you really mean!!! :)

I'm glad I've helped... alot of people have said that to me and its really spurred me on!!! :D

Don't eat!!!!! Food is baaaaaaaad :cool: AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Back