Is there a minimum starting weight for SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dinosaur, 25 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

I've lost nearly 5 stone on CD and have maintained whilst eating normal foods for a month, but still have my final half stone (or perhaps a little more) to lose, and seem unable to do it on my own.

I currently weigh 10stone 7lb's and am 5 foot 6 inches tall, so I have a BMI under 25. Would they let me do SW to lose less than a stone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    No not at all. I think you have to be at least 7lb from your target to join but it's entirely up to you

4. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    you have to have 7lbs to loose to target and also cannot have a target which falls under their 'minimum acceptable target' im 5'4" and my minimum acceptable target is 8stone4 however my own target is 9stone. i was worried too when i first joined as my bmi when i started was something like 26 and everyone told me i shouldnt be dieting, im so glad i did though, i feel so much happier in myself and no one at group has ever commented that i shouldnt be there or anything like that. i am one of the smallest at group apart from target member but i still have a stone to go and determined to get there!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.