Is there anyone here??? need help

Sona hun, the reality of Xenical is that you do need to count fat. Like Sandy said, I would in all honesty just concentrate just now on Weight Watchers. I'm most definitely not trying to discourage you from eventually taking the Xenical, but I honestly think that once you get your points all sorted with WW, you will lose weight. Taking Xenical will not speed up your weight loss, they don't work like that, and you will not lose any support from us by not being on them either :)
xxx

Ali, i really want to use the tablest more than i want to do weight watchers... i have been doing WW for 2 months with no sucess.. So i would prefer to stop doing that for a while and try the tablest instead...

Im trying to stay in good spirit about it but i am desprate to lose some weight and it is depressing me soo much i feel like crying every day!

I would really appreciate ur support in understanding how to make the tablets work for me...

For example.
If i eat healthy low fat meals... (which is what ive been doing anyway) and take the tablets and do my exercise should i see some changes? some results? I just wont be hung up on points and will try to balance my meals to three a day and snack only on fruit or veg. I can make this a way of life... I will obviously have some heavier meals but thats where the tablets should kick in?

plz help me..

Of course I will help you Sona, and I totally totally understand about being desperate to lose weight, I do.
Xenical are an aid to slimming though, not miracle pills and they will not make you lose weight any quicker hun. Yes there is no denying they've helped with my weight loss, but I've done all the hard work.
If you're really determined to do this, then start keeping a food diary ( I keep a notebook in the kitchen, and I write everything down as I prepare it). You're meals need to be no more than 15 g of fat ( and its recommended that you stick to 5% or less of fat in the food, that is on the label, 5g of fat per 100g food product).
I think though, and Starlight has already said, the reason WW didn't work for you is that quite simply you were not eating enough/using enough points. And if you eat so little while on Xenical the result will be just the same. It will be the lack of calories not the tablets not working that will stop you losing weight.
A typical days menu for me looks like this...
brekkie
30g optivita or special k, with skimmed milk
2 slice whole meal toast
30g reduced sgar jam

lunch
homemade lentil soup
wholemeal pitta bread
30g piladelphia extra light
75 g BBQ chicken pieces
wee bits salad
100g fresh fruit salad
shape lasting satisfation yoghurt

dinner
140g seafood cocktail mix ( mussels, squid and prawns)
100g tomato pasta sauce
100g ( dry weight) wholewheat pasta
weight watcher choc brownie frozen dessert

I really don't mean to sound so preachy and perhaps against you taking the Xenical, and if I do sound like that, I apologise because I sincerely don't mean it to sound like that. It's just you sound so desperate for these to work, and I fear you may be setting yourself up for a fall, and I really don't want that to happen.
xxxxx

Ali, i really want to use the tablest more than i want to do weight watchers... i have been doing WW for 2 months with no sucess.. So i would prefer to stop doing that for a while and try the tablest instead...

Im trying to stay in good spirit about it but i am desprate to lose some weight and it is depressing me soo much i feel like crying every day!

I would really appreciate ur support in understanding how to make the tablets work for me...

For example.
If i eat healthy low fat meals... (which is what ive been doing anyway) and take the tablets and do my exercise should i see some changes? some results? I just wont be hung up on points and will try to balance my meals to three a day and snack only on fruit or veg. I can make this a way of life... I will obviously have some heavier meals but thats where the tablets should kick in?

plz help me..

Hi again :)

Have you considered going back to your Gp for a chat about this instead of leaving it 3 weeks? Just wondered as I would hope/think that there should be additional guidance on how to use Xenical to the max potential?

Best wishes..xx :)

Ali,
I appreciate all the help.. I relaise on WW i was not eating all my points but i thought that would help me lose apparently i was wrong. BUT i have tried atkins WW and now xenical so ireally do want to lose. Ive finally got the doc on board so i really want to give the pills a good go.

Ive decided to stop watching poinst and work on the low fat healthy diet and the pills.. i was comparing ur typical food day to mine and i really am eating too less!! i have keep a food diary on here and on notebook.. and will continue to do so and keep u updated!

thanks soo much for giving me some time! xx

Anytime Sona :) Just remember you don't have to feel hungry to be losing weight. Sometime our hunger is in our heads and not our bellies:rolleyes: lol
x

**big hugs** Sona x

I do understand totally what you`re saying about being upset and you will get the support you need here, Whatever diet you decide to follow in the end.

But I do agree with Starlight and Ali that if you stuck to the WW properly you would see some weight loss. I have tried every diet going in the past with the added complication that I have an underactive thyroid and severe PCOS which hinders any weight loss. BUT I followed WW for a time and I managed to lose 21lbs. The only time I didn`t lose was - You guessed it! When I didn`t use all my points as I found it hard to use them all. You have to be really careful with WW food as even tho it may be low points, It may still be high in fat.

I plateaued, And stopped losing. But I have had a few weeks break and just from doing 2 days of exercise again I have lost another 1lb.

Also as has been suggested, Xenical won`t make you lose weight by themselves. It just helps you along but you have to do all the hard work. I am considering them because I have the thyroid/pcos issues too. So they may "help" me but I still have to watch what I eat etc.

Also, You still need to eat some fat or the Xenical won`t work. As Ali said, The recommended amount is 5g of fat per meal - 3 meals per day = 15g of fat.

I really hope this does`t come across as preaching, I`m really not. I totally understand how you feel about your weight. Even tho I have lost 21lbs I still have 4-5 stone to lose.

We are all here to support you, We just want to help

Xxxxxx
We are all here to support you and just wa

Oops Sorry about the last bit there - My toddler jumped on my laptop as I was typing :rolleyes::p

Just need to jump in here and say sorry LiSe thats not correct, its no more than 5g of fat per 100g of each food item and between 10 - 15g of fat per meal.

Our bodies still need a certain amount of fat to stay healthy.

Sorry Sona!

Please disregard what I said as I seem to have got it wrong? I was under the impression it was 5g max per meal x 3 meals a day.

I am not actually on Xenical at the moment, Jax is - So she will know better ;)

Xxx

Hey!
I had a feeling it was 15g per meal!
well gonna take a look at low fat meals, ive got some cook books at home and also will look at what food i have already!

Wana start this with a positive attitude as so far ive been feeling quite down! im on day 6 of xenical already and so far no loss but im also contipated! :( so will drink more water!

Im also gona make a diary thread for myself just t keep track of my food intake! i prefer putting it on line than a nite book as im constantly scribbling things out! and have constant access to internet!

Sona, ref: the constipation, this should ease once you start eating more fat, i know it sounds daft but it seems to be the case that if you don't eat enough you can't go lol :eek:

LiSe, i'm sorry if what i said seemed harsh, i didn't mean it to be :)

Jax x

isis..
My doc is useless... lets just leave it at that!
ive read more here than he botherd to tell me!

Sorry to hear that :sigh:

Sona for what its worth I dont think packing WW in is the way to go. Xenical isnt a diet in itself all it will do is HELP but you really need to do a diet in tandem with it. I dont think its fair to say WW hasnt worked when you havent done it properly. If youre still dead set on taking Xenical straight away do it along side WW. You still need a properly structured diet for Xenical to help you.

Im not sure if your doctor has really fully explained Xenical to you, a lot of doctors 'sell it' as a miracle pill. My doctor actually told me that if I didnt stick to WW and relied purely on Xenical for losing weight hed take me off it. It just doesnt work like that. For some people taking Xenical doesnt make a blind bit of difference, so be prepared for that too.

If you take them while youre doing WW at least you know youre eating the correct amount, and if they dont work, youll still lose weight anyway. If you only eat low fat meals, youre not going to know that youre eating enough cals etc, you really do need to do it with something like WW or Calorie counting.

Have you been on their website? Also you can register by quoting reference number on the package and their team will support you
Irene x

Im confused!

yesterday i decided i was going to stop WW and stick to xenical and watch my cals and fat intake. Today having read sandys post im confused as to what to do. I tried counting calories, poinst and fat and all day i kept chopping and changing and it did my head in!

What i want to do is lose weight. I want to take the xenical (which i know is not magic, i never though it was i did read up on it before starting it) I want to keep my meals healthy. I can either eat healthy and exercise. OR eat my full ww points and exercise... it seems like the same thing to me.

In the past i addmit i was doing WW wrong as i was not eating all my points (not out of choice i just have time for big meals, and i have to prepare all my meals for 1 person as everyone else eats meals prepared by my MIL) thats why it didnt work for me.

I want to start afresh...

What if i eat all my points, do my exercise and take xenical (to keep me in check).

Im going to give this 2 weeks from monday and see how i get on.

I have already started a food diary in minmins weight watchers forum so will continue on there. This post is more for myself than anyone else.... im kinda making a pledge to myself.

Here goes.

Back