Is there anyone here??? need help

Have you been on their website? Also you can register by quoting reference number on the package and their team will support you
Irene x

Hi Irene!

YEs i went on this morning as i had the bocx with me! and registerd also read the entire site! The food finder didnt work for me maybe dont have the right plugins with fire fox will try again with IE.

Have also sent a message to the support team. There was no place to leave a number on the site as i read here that people have recieved calls aslwell. Maybe that was the old site!

Hope you have a great easter sunday!!

Hi Sona,

I'm not taking Xenical at the min as I'm trying to lose the weight my doctors wants before prescribing. However, from talking and reading about it, it's more than apparent that it isn't a miracle pill.

I understand that you're desperate to lose weight, I think most of us on here are and a lot of the time, the problems are psychological as well as physical. I binge and comfort eat and my portion size is non existant. Some people like WW, some like CD etc but I need food, real food and I enjoy cooking.

Hopefully, if the doctor prescribes Xenical for me, I'll be able to eat lower fat and lower calorie options and know that if I stray, I'll have the dreaded orange oil. This should teach me to rethink my food choices and to learn that food is a fuel source and not comfort (my new b/f is there for that!)

If you really want to give the Xenical a go, then you need to think about your meals and what you are going to eat. As you've already started WW, you could continue this, with a few small modifications.

The whole principle of healthy eating is to eat enough protein to maintain and repair muscles, to consume enough calcium and vitamins to keep bones, skin and all cells healthy, to eat enough carbohydrate and fat to use as energy sources (these count in the calorie total) as we need o many calories a day just to keep our bodies going.

For a healthy weight woman who takes light-moderate exercise, the recommendation is 1800-2000 cals and 70g of fat a day. Those of us who are overweight can reduce both of these as we have stores of energy (mine are my tyres around my waist!). However, we cannot simply not eat, as our body is programmed to retain fat and calories if it doesn't get regular food sources (this goes back to the caveman days as evolution takes a long time to catch up!). Therefore a diet should allow you to absorb the vitamins and calcium you need, take in some fat (essential for the passage of waste food) and calories which the body burns during the day but of a lower level o that the body is forced into using it's stores (my tyres again!) for it's energy source. the more calories your body needs to sustain itself, the more it burns (to a limit as you can do too much exercise whilst dieting). The more weight you carry, the more energy you need to use in order to be active.

The advantage of diets like WW is that they know this and have developed the diet to take this into account. So rather than you working out fat and calories, they do that for you and give it a points value. Then, according to your starting weight, they give you an allowance of points, knowing that if you use these a day, your body will know it doesn't need to go into starvation mode but it does need to dip into it's fat stores - hence the weight loss.

In my humble opinion, you could continue with the WW diet whilst on Xenical, just making sure that your choices didn't exceed the 15g fat max a meal and 5% fat per 100g of food. There are so many different foods out there that it wouldn't take you long to figure them out and the best bit? When you come off Xenical (which everyone has to eventually) you've been following a good food diet which you can continue with. Obviously, you can do what Ali does and make your own meals - the choice is yours!

Oh and last point - keep a food diary and be honest - it's amazing the amount of times I've gone to a cupboard, seen the notebook on the table and had second thoughts!

Sorry for the essay aka 'War and Peace' - just thought it may help. xxx

Hi Sona,

I'm not taking Xenical at the min as I'm trying to lose the weight my doctors wants before prescribing. However, from talking and reading about it, it's more than apparent that it isn't a miracle pill.

I understand that you're desperate to lose weight, I think most of us on here are and a lot of the time, the problems are psychological as well as physical. I binge and comfort eat and my portion size is non existant. Some people like WW, some like CD etc but I need food, real food and I enjoy cooking.

Hopefully, if the doctor prescribes Xenical for me, I'll be able to eat lower fat and lower calorie options and know that if I stray, I'll have the dreaded orange oil. This should teach me to rethink my food choices and to learn that food is a fuel source and not comfort (my new b/f is there for that!)

If you really want to give the Xenical a go, then you need to think about your meals and what you are going to eat. As you've already started WW, you could continue this, with a few small modifications.

The whole principle of healthy eating is to eat enough protein to maintain and repair muscles, to consume enough calcium and vitamins to keep bones, skin and all cells healthy, to eat enough carbohydrate and fat to use as energy sources (these count in the calorie total) as we need o many calories a day just to keep our bodies going.

For a healthy weight woman who takes light-moderate exercise, the recommendation is 1800-2000 cals and 70g of fat a day. Those of us who are overweight can reduce both of these as we have stores of energy (mine are my tyres around my waist!). However, we cannot simply not eat, as our body is programmed to retain fat and calories if it doesn't get regular food sources (this goes back to the caveman days as evolution takes a long time to catch up!). Therefore a diet should allow you to absorb the vitamins and calcium you need, take in some fat (essential for the passage of waste food) and calories which the body burns during the day but of a lower level o that the body is forced into using it's stores (my tyres again!) for it's energy source. the more calories your body needs to sustain itself, the more it burns (to a limit as you can do too much exercise whilst dieting). The more weight you carry, the more energy you need to use in order to be active.

The advantage of diets like WW is that they know this and have developed the diet to take this into account. So rather than you working out fat and calories, they do that for you and give it a points value. Then, according to your starting weight, they give you an allowance of points, knowing that if you use these a day, your body will know it doesn't need to go into starvation mode but it does need to dip into it's fat stores - hence the weight loss.

In my humble opinion, you could continue with the WW diet whilst on Xenical, just making sure that your choices didn't exceed the 15g fat max a meal and 5% fat per 100g of food. There are so many different foods out there that it wouldn't take you long to figure them out and the best bit? When you come off Xenical (which everyone has to eventually) you've been following a good food diet which you can continue with. Obviously, you can do what Ali does and make your own meals - the choice is yours!

Oh and last point - keep a food diary and be honest - it's amazing the amount of times I've gone to a cupboard, seen the notebook on the table and had second thoughts!

Sorry for the essay aka 'War and Peace' - just thought it may help. xxx

Dearest obsy

THANK YOU!
this is excatually what i have been trying to say but maybe not clearly enough. I will continue with WW (eat all my points) and take xenical.

i ate 20.5 points today!! totally stuffed! and made some cauliflower and cheese soup! was yum!

xx

Dearest obsy

THANK YOU!
this is excatually what i have been trying to say but maybe not clearly enough. I will continue with WW (eat all my points) and take xenical.

i ate 20.5 points today!! totally stuffed! and made some cauliflower and cheese soup! was yum!

xx

Yay !!! Well done Sona, keep up with eating your points and you will not go wrong :)
xxxxx

Morning all!

Thanks ali! i actually ended up eating all 22 points as my tukey slices points weres lightly off! i have to addmit though i was totally stuffed by the end of the day!! my lil one was up at 8am so im gona get on and do my exercise in the morning!

catch up later! hope you all had a nice easter sunday and went easy on the eggs!!! I didnt touch mine still sitting on my shelf looking sexy!

xx

Yay sona,

glad to hear that you're using your points and feeling full. Those pounds will soon start shifting. You sound more positive, which is half that battle. Keep it up xxx

Morning!!

Guess what? last night i went 2 points over my allowence!! i feel terrible!! had a small slice of pizza at 11pm! was nit picking at food in the afternoon so ive given the nit picking max points.. it was probs less and i did burn off 300 cals in the morning anyway so i guess im ok.... no sign of the "OP's" yet! im at work so i hope its gona be ok!

Hows everyone doing? njoy easter wkend? i went to a fun fair yesterday took my lil boy on 2 rides! he liked the car but didnt think much of the tea cups!

Morning Sona :)
I started a thread the other day about diversion tactics ( its in the general discussion forum). Basically when you know you're going to start snacking/grazing/binging try and do something else to take your mind of it. Things like reading, coming on here and posting, playing some of the games in the arcade here, going for a long bath etc, play the wii or do some other form of exercise. Anything that will stop you picking is all good :)
2 points over your allowance shouldn't be disastrous , but draw a line under it. Today's a fresh day, new start, and what happened yesterday is done with. You can't do anything to change what happened yesterday, you CAN change what is going to happen from now on though :)
xxxx

Yes Ma'am! lolz

I have installed a notebook in my bag, a bigger one in my kitchen and am still typing up my food diary! and eating all my points!! I resisted easter eggs!!! even the white chocolate one with strawberry bits in it hmm.. (droooool) its better to talk about the egg when im not in the same room as it! hehe

The pizza slice was my hubbys faults!!! i was right on track otherwise!! We have been having an Aliens weekend and watched the 2nd Aliens movie last night! he decided he had to have pizza! I was good though only had one small slice from a 9" although the slice was more like one from a 7".

Not liking the aliens movies much! Never watched Aliens before and dn think i missed much!! Next up Brad pitt wkend!!!! woohoo

I used to find it hard, but now its second nature. I keep my food diary in the kitchen and I write down what I eat as I'm making it, or if I have a snack I write it down straight away...no excuse coz the book is sat on top of the bread bin where I can't miss it lol :D
xx

hey sandy!
well im pulling 1.5 back today as managed to eat 20.5 points!
was going to save some for a mini choc egg but ended up going to friends house after work.. had juice and 1 bit of home made flapjack!

ahh well maybe tomorow!

Back