Is there anyone in the world who manages to drink 2 litres of water a day???

BingoBango

I recently made a commitment to get back on track with my weightloss.. Obviously that entails upping my water intake.

So far I have managed 1.75 litres of water 2 days running. But I am drinking ALL THE TIME. (and when I'm not drinking, I'm on the loo ;-))

Is there anyone who can manage the recommended 2 litres/day? Is so, how?

You only actually need to drink about 1.2 litres a day on average, the rest comes from your food, so don't force yourself to drink 2 litres; you'll just end up on the loo a lot, lol. And it doesn't have to be water - tea, coffee, juice etc. are all part of it. :) xx

I probably drink nearer to 5L a day when you add up water, tea, coffee and squash lol
I have a 500ml bottle that I refill with water and try and finish a bottle during each time block 8-10, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4 and 4-6. Then I will drink more if I am at the gym or during exercise :)

I drink much more than 2l a day. When I'm following the diet properly the first sign is running to the loo all the time lol :) Similar to Patchwork Puss, I have a water bottle which I fill up a few times a day

I too have found that if I keep a bottle of water on my desk, I tend to drink water all day. I start the day with a liter bottled water. We have an ice and water machine at work and I just refill it until I've had my 3 liters for the day. It gets easier as you go along.
Good luck!

The thing to bear in mind is that, unless you're exercising loads, you don't need to drink as much as 2l on top of a balanced diet. The general advice is to drink when you're thirsty, and don't overdo it because it can actually be dangerous to drink too much. :) xx

Water intoxication is a known issue, but is very very rare. If you dliute everything in your body so much, your body cells can no longer function properly. But you'd likely be drinking over 5 litres a day (at least!) at that point. People who take ecstasy sometimes suffer this problem unfortunately, dieters rarely so. Awareness is obviously important though.

Water is indeed healthy, although I've heard quite a few people saying they don't like it. If you don't like it from the tap, try refrigerating it, or having it warm from the kettle. I don't mind it, but am not particularly fond of it. I tend to fill 6 500ml water bottles and then mix in the Crystal Light sachet (well, the cheaper equivalent) just as I'm about to drink one. I think having the bottles in front of me makes me more likely to drink water, than if I had to go get some. The other thing you could do is drink more tea or coffee (it's long been disproved that the caffeine makes it "not count").

Just to add, I don't drink 2 to 3 litres because of the recommendations (which don't have scientific basis anyhow), but more because constant dehydration leads to lack of concentration and lethargy, and through various channels from there, ultimately to depression. I also feel as I'm trying to lose lots of weight, it's good to "flush" through my system and also make sure my skin has enough hydration to maximise the chances of avoiding loose skin (as anecdotally, everyone I know who has avoided the dreaded loose skin, has drink so much water).

Thanks everyone for replying. I am currently managing 7 glasses of water a day in addition to tea and coffee, so I think I'm doing ok. I thought tea and coffee didn't count because they are diuretics.

Luckily I like water, so that at least is not the problem. It's more the constant drinking/running to the loo that take some getting used to. :-D

Hehe you'll get used to holding a little more water - your bladder adjust relatively quickly (few days) and you should stop needing the loo so much.

BingoBango said:
Thanks everyone for replying. I am currently managing 7 glasses of water a day in addition to tea and coffee, so I think I'm doing ok. I thought tea and coffee didn't count because they are diuretics.

Luckily I like water, so that at least is not the problem. It's more the constant drinking/running to the loo that take some getting used to. :-D

It's reckoned that if you're going to the loo more than once every couple of hours than you're drinking more than you need to. :) xx

Dreamer said:
Just to add, I don't drink 2 to 3 litres because of the recommendations (which don't have scientific basis anyhow), but more because constant dehydration leads to lack of concentration and lethargy, and through various channels from there, ultimately to depression. I also feel as I'm trying to lose lots of weight, it's good to "flush" through my system and also make sure my skin has enough hydration to maximise the chances of avoiding loose skin (as anecdotally, everyone I know who has avoided the dreaded loose skin, has drink so much water).

Hiya! I've pretty much avoided the loose skin, and I can't stand water, lol. I really don't think it makes any difference in that respect, not in my case anyway. :) xx

I'm just doing whatever I can just in case lol. It's so relieving to hear from people who don't have the loose skin problem though :)

I managed to get 1.5 liters in today but, the day is not yet through. I'm going to try for at least another 1/2 liter before I go to bed.

Back