Is there anyone in the world who manages to drink 2 litres of water a day???

I probably drink nearer to 5L a day when you add up water, tea, coffee and squash lol

This is me exactly. I use a bottle with a built-in filter to take the chlorine taste away, I hate the taste of most tap water, apart from the tap water where I grew up. I really think it's cutting out diet soda in favour of water that's helped me with my cravings this past week.

we are only allowed water at our desks at work so it makes it much easier during work days to drink the required water. ON days off I tend to have a 75l bottle i fill up and drink from. If I've had two I know I'm doing well.

Ive just filled an old 2lts irn bru bottle with water (i love water and its soo cold from the tap this time of year.... I know im weird lol) i usually drink loads of water but not so much lately and i find my skin is really dry so im going to try to drink more x

I have noticed that drinking lots of water keeps you from retaining it. The scale likes you for it, that's for sure! It's still a challenge for me not to drink the diet coke(s). But, I have to admit that drinking water kinda grows on you after a while.

I drink much more than 2l a day. When I'm following the diet properly the first sign is running to the loo all the time lol :) Similar to Patchwork Puss, I have a water bottle which I fill up a few times a day

I figure half the weight you loose is from walking to the toilet and back several times a day :p every little helps ;)

Yeah I remember going to weight watchers and she was there as we were going out after and she was all "god I'm so fat.. I'm going to join!" I was so embarrassed, she goes on about it and how fat she is and I'm like ok then how do you think this makes me feel?? And she answers "aw don't be daft your not fat!!" Eh?!?!

I've never drank water - apart from with diluting juice. But the other day one of my workmates said something that really stuck with me - she said she'd been at they gym and she has a personal trainer, who told her that if you dont drink enough water your body holds onto every bit of water you get (water retention) which can cause a gain on the scales, I ended up spending a good bit of time researching water retention, heard others talk of it but to be honest never paid attention, when I looked at the symptoms it was pretty strange, I have every single one of them, and some effect my life quite a bit. Every where I read it said you should drink 8 large glasses a day (2ltr) 8oz in each glass. The health benefits seem to be unreal. Well, i've decided i'm going to give it a go, i've always had squidgy legs. From what I read tea coffee diet juice ect doesn't count as water, water is pure & is digested ever so slightly differently than water with anything added. Obviously you would never drop dead drinking teas coffees ect all your life, you wouldn't dehyrdate, but you also wouldn't be getting the full use out of your body.

One of the articles posted here is a woman who died from drinking 2 gallons, what the recommended is 64oz a day, that woman drank 320 odd a day. Thats why she died. Thats far too much.

I have to admit, having never drank water my whole life, its very difficult to fit it in now and I hate the taste. If I dont see an improvement with the symptoms of water retention then i'll cut back a bit, but if anything is improved, i'll know it worked.

xxxx

Back