Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Hey Tanny, do you go to a gym? Or do you have equipment at home? I want to join a gym, but I need something affordable. If I could get a cross trainer to use at home, I'd be chuffed, but the max user weights on those things aren't vey high! At the moment, I'm slowly talking myself into going swimming...I'm terrified, lol!

Hi Christiana, I'm not sure whether it's classed as affordable but I pay about £25 per month for DW gym which includes swimming pool. I think it's quite reasonable so might be worth a check. :)

hey Tanny, what's this fishy thing week from other threads? do you mind posting me the link?

4 lbs off for me this week and won slimmer of the week. Very pleased.

Hi Christiana, I'm not sure whether it's classed as affordable but I pay about £25 per month for DW gym which includes swimming pool. I think it's quite reasonable so might be worth a check. :)

£25.00 per month is brilliant Laura! I checked my local Hooks, Fitness First and Sports centre - lowest price I found was £35.00, most expensive was £55.00 (and they don't even have a pool!)

Well done on your loss Groovy, 4lbs off for me too this week! Tanny, I think you were right - no pills this week, awesome loss! I am very pleased!

Thanks Cristiana! Congratulations to you to! You've done brilliantly so far! xx

Yay! Another 5 pounds gone forever

Hi peeps

Another 5 pounds off for me and have now passed the 2 stones mark which means now only 3.5 pounds to go for my 2.5 stones. Even better I have no dropped down into the 23 stones area. I am never going up again! Next goal the 22's!

Well done to everybody who has lost this week and a big thank you for your inspiration and support. :D

I'm so happy!

I'm ticking along groovy,shedding these unwanted pounds.I do red and green days,the support,tips,recipes,encouragement from minimins helps big time:D.

well done christina woo hoo that is a fab loss hun,bet your well pleased:D.

cmcewn what a fantastic loss you are zooming along well done:D.

have a good day all.x

cmcewn what a fantastic loss you are zooming along well done:D.

Thanks Surreygal, that was over two weeks as I was on holiday last week so didnt expect to have lost that much but was really pleased with it - I am trying to get to my 2.5 stones for next week hopefully. You are doing great too well done!

Hi peeps

Another 5 pounds off for me and have now passed the 2 stones mark which means now only 3.5 pounds to go for my 2.5 stones. Even better I have no dropped down into the 23 stones area. I am never going up again! Next goal the 22's!

Well done to everybody who has lost this week and a big thank you for your inspiration and support. :D

I'm so happy!

Well done, that's an excellent loss! I love it when we go down into a brand new stone bracket, it's such a rewarding feeling! I must say, I'm definitely feeling much more motivated now, onwards and downwards!

Thanks surreygal!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I would like to lose about 8-9 stones (to become a size 14) but according to BMI scales I should lose about 11 stones :crazy:.

My weight losses have been quite good since I started, I spend an hour in the gym every weekday & has found that this has not only helped me on a physical level but has helped to boost my confidence.

When I started at the gym, I could only do 4 mins on the Xtrainer before I felt faint. Now I do 20 mins on the trainer (I go as fast as the slim people :)) 30 mins on the bike & 20 mins on the resistance machines.

I now find that if I don't go to the gym, I feel despondent & listless so I guess it becoming a bit of an addiction (better to the gym than chocolate eh?!)

I do feel that it will take AGES for me to lose weight, since my weight loss with other diets was slowwwww (it took me 5 years to shift 9 stones on Atkins), but I'm gonna keep at it!

Hi Nas, well done on your loss so far hun! I know what you mean about the gym. I do spinning 3 times a week and if i miss one I am not a happy bunny. To me, it's harder to get into it when you miss too many sessions. It's best not to have a long break. My next challenge is running. I've never ran in my life! (only to catch the bus)... so it should be interesting.

You said you lost 9 stones 5 years ago. (That's amazing! well done!!!) Did you weigh more before starting SW or did you put the weight back on?

Hi groovygroovy, wow you do 3 spinning classes a week! I've heard there the best cardio around. Have you found that the classes have improved your weight loss?
I lost the weight looong before slimming world, maintained the loss for a good few years, then regained it by eating takeaways & being a couch potato.
You've done so well with all of your awards. I hope to have a few of them in the coming months ;)

Last edited:
i am sure you will! thank you hun. Spinning has made all the difference. I feel happy and full of energy. I can't ever miss the classes! lol.. xx

Morning all!!!!!

Welcome nas,how you doing hun?

i lost 4lbs this week!!!!!!!

i got my 3 stone sticky
i got my club 10
i got slimmer of the week

i should of got slimmer of the month but she gave it to someeone else even though i lost the most!!!:confused:

my other half said its to give someone else a chance coz i keep winning everything!!!

do u all agree with that?????

7 lbs off this week! I can't believe it because I went out for a birthday meal at Wagamama's and I had that delicious katsu curry chicken meal. Did you know they can grill it for you instead of frying it? I am over the moon!

I lost 4st 2lbs in total! Yippeee!

No Tanny I dont agree if you won it you should have been awarded it. Maybe you should ask her why? Congrats on your achievements this week, thats wonderful.

I lost another 5 pounds this week, got my 2.5 stones, Club 10 award, SOTW and SOTM phewwww ... 7 weeks gone.

Well done everybody for great losses again we are really on a roll ..... remember its in our hands :D

Back