Is there something I'm doing wrong?

SilverSilph

Silver Member
This is my 3rd week on LT and to be honest it hasnt gotten any easier as the weeks have progressed. I'm lacking in energy, I'm pretty down and the hunger is returning. The shakes have started tasting worse (if thats possible) and I'm finding it hard not to wretch when I drink them.
I've been drinking the water,2 litres though trying for more, which helps a little with the hunger pangs and ill-feeling. I've been to the gym twice since starting and planning on upping that too, back to my 3 times a week, hopefully.
Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else not experienced the happy feeling you're suppose to have?

I'd say you should try drinking more water. LT says at least 2 litres, but in practice the people who seem to do well on here drink at least 4 and it does seem to make a big difference. Your body will get used to it really quickly xxx

Ive just had my 1st wi and although I did well Im starting refeed as I feel the same as you. Ive not felt the "happy feeling" either!

I hope you feel better soon hun xx

Thanks hun. Just do whats best for you especially if your feeling unhappy. It would be great if you could stick with it but i know exactly where you're coming from. You'll make the right decision x

I really want to refeed next week too, but my boyfriend keeps changing my mind, damn him lol. Just don't see the point anymore :( Hope your refeed goes well and well done on the weight loss! Thats what I wanted to lose in my first week :)

Thanks Rachelh, will def try up the water.

OK you have do what is best for you but...... The point is......you have lost one third of your weight in 2 weeks!

I too never really got the buzzing that everyone else got. In my first 8 weeks on TFR.......
weeks 1 & 2 exhausted and hungry
weeks 3 & 4 energy and felt well
weeks 5, 6, 7 & 8 exhausted, fed up, and hanging in there purely cos the pounds were falling off!

But I just decided that these 8 weeks were "my time" my chance to get the real me back and I decided to put me first. So if I was tired .....I did nothing! I pampered myself. If family were looking for me to do the usual 50 million things for them ......I learned how to say "no I am busy"

Don't decide today. Wait and see how you feel on your next weigh in. Good luck!

This is my 3rd week on LT and to be honest it hasnt gotten any easier as the weeks have progressed. I'm lacking in energy, I'm pretty down and the hunger is returning. The shakes have started tasting worse (if thats possible) and I'm finding it hard not to wretch when I drink them.
I've been drinking the water,2 litres though trying for more, which helps a little with the hunger pangs and ill-feeling. I've been to the gym twice since starting and planning on upping that too, back to my 3 times a week, hopefully.
Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else not experienced the happy feeling you're suppose to have? __________________

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but are you going to the gym twice a week? If so, this could be why your energy levels are low. I think (I could be wrong) that in the first few weeks of TFR that strenuous exercise is not a good idea as your body has not got used to have less food to create energy from. Therefore, the fat you are burning up is literally just for you to be sustained everyday (walking, breathing- dead important! etc). Maybe you should lay off the gym until your energy levels have come back up- you should find that you feel so much better. I really didn't go in for any extra exercise for the first 4 weeks. I just did the usual taking the dog for a walk and walking to work. Now I am able to do some proper cardio-vascular work.

I would recommend drinking more water. The 2 litres (at least) are just to make up the water intake you would usually get from food. Also the more you drink, the less likely you are to suffer from water retention which in itself can drain you of energy.

I hope you have found this useful xxx Good luck xxx

Thanks everyone, It helps knowing others have gone through this lack of energy and "happy" feeling.
As for the gym thing, I went back for the first time since starting LT on saturday, the end of week 2, and then again yesterday. I decided to do this cos most of my workout is weights for toning etc so i thought it would help with sucking everything back into the right places and my muscles were feeling weak. But I might leave off it as you suggested Medea, mainly tho cos I pulled a muscle in my back while doing my crosstrainer warm up :( . I dont want to aggravate that lol

Well the week is over and i got through it :) and i lost 2.3kg! which i was not expecting. so half way through week 4 and only one more week to go before i refeed. For the first time I feel happy bout this whole thing :) I fit into an old pair of trousers yesterday and looked good! :) so please, thanks to everyone for being so supportive! HUGS to you all :)

well done ... i am only on LT day 2 but it's reading threads like this that make me feel i discovered a well kept secret and been allowed to have another go at being size 10 if that makes any sense as i mucked it up last time - good on you hun bet your glad your stuck with it xx

Hi honey, when it comes to exercise, dont push your body too hard, and drink as much as you can, the more you drink the more you shrink !!

Well done on your weight loss, it really does spur you on, and good luck x x

thanks guys. yeah it really does feel great now. i'm actually starting to see the slim girl I've been hiding for years lol :) part of me wants to keep it on longer than the five weeks just to hit my target but I've so much coming up that I'll have to eat and drink at that I cant really. though I cant wait to eat again! Craving a rocket salad with chickpeas and cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar nom nom nom :D

Oh Irish Laura how much do you drink a day? your weekly losses are amazing! :O

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Even when you refeed keep on sipping the water - it'll keep you feeling full.

x

Back