Is there such a thing of eating too little?

Darcccc

ive been doing slimming world for 2 weeks now and all I've done is gain weight is there such a thing as eating too much?

Last edited:
So long as you're having 1/3rd of your plate as speed food there is no limit to how much you can eat. I actually find the more I eat the more I lose with SW. But everyone is different and different things work for different people xxxx

Yes, it sounds crazy but I got to the point where my losses had stopped. For weeks I was going and getting upset as I was only having 5 syns a day and not snacking much. My consultant told me to eat when I was hungry, to snack on free foods and to increase my syns. I honestly laughed and told them they were wrong (we did have a good relationship so they knew I didn't mean it in a horrible way to them) and I made a point of eating more that week, adamant that I was going to gain weight and that it would be all on them. Low and behold I had a massive loss that week. I continued and although I then had smaller losses, one or two lbs a week, they were still losses.

My plates are always large - a cooked breakfast generally has 250g of mushrooms on as my 1/3 speed!
If I stick to plan I can expect 2-3lb loss weekly, even though I'm only around 10lb to target now.
I drink water when I'm hungry, just to check that I'm actually not just thirsty. However I usually eat because it's meal time rather than being hungry. Because I'm often full I rarely need or want to snack. Mind you, the only syns I have in the house are alcoholic ones ;).

I find that if I don't eat enough it effects my losses. That said, eating too much would impact on the scales for me too. I think you just have to find a balance that suits you. It takes a while but you'll find it eventually. Listen to your body, if you feel hungry eat something, if not then don't force yourself. I also find that ensuring I drink enough water also helps me stay fuller for longer. Filling up on speed foods is also essential I think.

Back