Is this advisable?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 2 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm following SS, although my CWPC thinks Im having SS+ days, which, up until now, I havent. I have just been weighed, and lost 12lbs, do you think Id be silly to 'treat' myself to a SS+ meal this evening? I just know that saturday night, is chinese takeaway night at work, and I think It may be easier to deal with, just but eating something. Or maybe Im making excuses to eat.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tano

Tano Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    I think personally it would be a wise idea! I moved to ss+ after a week on ss because I knew I'd be likely to fail if I didn't! You need to look upon this as a lifestyle change not a diet! 12lbs is amazing well done :)

4. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thank you. I was thinking more of having a SS+ meal just on a saturday, after Ive had my weigh in.

5. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Don from experience if you have a good couple of hundred days to do on this, I would use SS+ from time to time just to maintain some connection to food. I've done 200 days on LL only and I found it had a strange effect on me. This time round I loved my 810 week and realise I have a much healthier attitude towards food. My Consultant always suggests I do a bit of SS+ when I'm having a hard time - but I can take it or leave it and just get through the hard times. My advice is to use SS+ as a tool to keep you healthy and to see it that way rather than a 'goodie I can eat' treat. At your BMI you are actually supposed to be on SS+ anyway...so yes, you are totally justified - I'm just trying to say that food is just fuel really - not a treat.

6. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think Im just scared to eat, incase I fall off the wagon. I know that I will have to go back to eating at some point though.

7. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Im now having 180g prawns and 40g cottage cheese. Thought I would have it in the morning so I can test myself, and see if I wanted food the rest of the day. Im at work from 3pm, and will only have what I take, water and a tetra, so I wont have the option to eat. But these prawns taste AMAZING!

8. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i have always from the beginning moved between ss, ss+ and 810 depending on how i feel on the day. it seems to work for me. i read something once if you varie your calories your body doesn't get used to a set about of cals.

9. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    And your losses are great :)

10. nellybelle

nellybelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.95%)
    Diet:
    Camridge Diet
    Yeah thats true actually, I heard that varying the calories you eat sometimes can speed up your metabolism. Was thinking of sticking 100% to SS but I might just throw in an SS+ meal if my loss slows down a little...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.