is this cheating?

Sw is a eating plan for life and those awards are hard earned and something to be very proud of

Cant agree with you more gilly, i dont go in for all that milarky being a fella and all that, but the people who do go along deserve a little encouragement without the aid of pills.

People can do as they like, if they want to speed up there loss with pills fine, get on with it but they should come clean and tell there pack leader (dibdibdib) and give the rewards to the folk who dont use aids.

The problem isn't her taking the slimming pills. Not at all. If it's working for her then that's great. We all want something that's going to make the weight fall off at a quicker rate... I think what we've all objected to is the fact that no one else gets a chance at SOW even though they stick to the plan but without slimming pills. If she wants to speed her weight loss like that, then that's her business and none of us (I don't think) have judged her for taking the pills. The objection is the ones who have worked hard without the aid of pills aren't getting the credit for their hard work.. and it is hard work. They are the ones that deserve the certificate and the big smile when they show it to their family.

No credit should be taken away from the lady on the pills, she's obviously doing the plan anyway, and she's losing weight, but her weight loss IS going to be faster. What happens if she's nominated for slimmer of the year etc? She can hardly promote slimming world as a plan that works when she's had a bit of assistance. I would feel the same way if it were someone doing WW or any other plan. It's the little smiles and yellow certificates along the way that make the success of weightloss feel even better.

In a way though Slimmer of the Week isn't all that great a thing. What about someone who's had a gain the week before then comes out with a big loss the next week and gets it? Is that 100% fair?

Then there's people who work really hard and get a steady loss of 1-2lb a week, which is meant to be a healthy rate, but they'd never win the SoW because they're slow and steady rather than a mix of big and small losses?

Just a thought y'know... I do agree it's prolly not 'fair' that the pill advantage person wins it all the time but in general the SoW thing isn't all that infalliable a way of recognising hard work anyway.

i never get slimmer of the week never have simply because i don't have as much weight to lose as alot of the women in the group and therefore my losses are always smaller etc that goes for the first time i did slimming world and this time around.yeah i guess it is cheating in a way and if i was the woman i would have pulled myself from slimmer of the week because of that fact but obviously she hasn't thought about it. All i think your going to do by mentioning it is make yourself look a bit jealous , you are right in what your saying but you know your doing it without pills hon if she wants to cheat let her cheat XXXX

If you've had a gain one week and then a big loss the following week, you don't get SoW. You have to have lost the previous week and then have the greatest loss that week to get it.

I've known members who have lost 1lb get sow in our class

Ah right, sorry re the gain thing then, that appears to have changed!

I reckon the stickers and milestone certificates are still a more realistic way of recognising achievement. Just my point of view :)

A lady at our group has lost loads of weight and always wins slimmer of the week and the month. Everyone is so proud of her even the SWC. But she told me she is on weight lose pills from the doctors !!.
Is that allowed or does it qualify as cheating??
I'm just wondering cos I'm and all the others are working our asses off for this
I think thats naughty, we work hard to lose weight and sotw is our reward for that work. I would be really annoyed. If it was a pill taking plan then its different but its not. xxx

Oh dear ,I wished I hadnt said anything now -as it's all gone wrong
I was only wanting to know if it was allowed, I'm not gonna drop her in it (so to speak).If she wants to take pills she can, I'm not gonna fret about it, at the end of the day I am doing this for me , not anyone else.
I'm just glad I lost 2lb after eating 2 burgers and 1 Bratwurzt hotdog on Sunday .:eek: :whoopass::whoopass:LOL

Bet it was lush though!

I'm just glad I lost 2lb after eating 2 burgers and 1 Bratwurzt hotdog on Sunday .:eek: :whoopass::whoopass:LOL
You must not of had all your syns so you can call it syns and don't beat yourself up about it. xxx

Back