Is this for me??

Indiasmum

Hi there!! I hope someone can help me!!! I have been struggling with a low cal diet for a few months now.....loose some....gain some....loose the same lbs again!!!!..put them back on again!!! and and really tired of being hungry and looking for another way. I have never tried atkins for a couple of reasons, one is that it seams really complicated and the other is that i cannot believe that you can eat this stuff and not gain weight!!!

Do you do the OLD atkins (with cream ect) or the new edition? What about coffee????

any advise you give to help me make up my mind would be great!!! just need to stop feeling hungry and miserable!!

thanks

Not sure this is for you.

Unless of course you want to lose weight rapidly and effortlessly while eating amazing food and laughing at low fat dieters (sorry :p)

The best advice is to get the book. The one which has something like 'the original Atkins - the only one you'll ever need' written at the top. It's an orange book. Once you've read it you'll understand the way it works and your dieting world will be turned on its head!

Please take my word for it (and the many which will follow vouching for the diet) and do it!

yes ........... but you need to have variety ..like any diet .... get sorted and jump aboard the atkins train !!! i have milk in my coffee first thing in the morning and last thing at night x

It IS amazing - to lose weight and not be hungry:) this is doable for life!

Only you can decide if it's for you, and the best way to do that is by reading the book (old or new the diet has the same principles, the new book is easier to read, the old has more science bits) and seeing if 1) you can eat and enjoy the free foods involved on a daily basis 2) your funds will hold up to doing the diet - it IS more expensive and less convenient than the cheap branded foods you can buy on low fat diets, unless you're a thrifty cook 3) whether you're the sort of person who won't be able to go a week without a 'cheat' - aka something carby, because although a few get away with it, the diet isn't that accommodating to regular slip ups. I'd never call this, or any diet effortless.

However if it all works for you, you get a diet where you can eat lots of tasty, filling food and still lose weight. People who don't lose on high carb, low fat diets often do very well on Atkins. And you get a lovely little community here.

Good luck deciding!

Do you do the OLD atkins (with cream ect) or the new edition? What about coffee????

I did the '72 version and drink decaf tea and coffee, it worked for me ;)

Back