is this healthy?

blueberry01

Hey all!

just wondering if this is a healthy diet? i spent a month cuttings cravings for chocolate, cheese, peanut butter, processed foods, premade meals, etc. i dont eat them anymore which is great but on downside these last 2 weeks im finding i rarely eat more then 1200 calories a day, and not sure if this is good or not-?

this is what ive been eating:

breakfast ~300 calories
60g porridge oats (made with hot water)
?g clear honey
15g sultanas

lunch ~150-200 calories
can of heinz soup. usually tomato or chicken/mushroom

dinner ~4-500 calories

option one:
45g rice or pack of medium egg noodles
(100g diced chicken)
200g stir fry veggies
1-calorie sunflower oil spray for frying
170?g patak sauce, usually jalfrezi, madras, balti or tikka masala

option two:
45g rice
1 breaded chicken escalope
some kind of frozen veg, usually broccoli, cauliflour, peas, sweetcorn, broad beans or spinach
dollop of mango chutney or ketchup

option three:
100g diced chicken
dry fajita mix
1 pepper and 0.5 onion
2 wheat tortillas

snacks throughout the day ~200 calories
2 tangerines and a banana
or half a pack of defrosted dark forest fruits
2 cups tea with 1 sugar

Thanks!

Looks good to me! :)

Sounds lovely. Can I come and eat with you? :)

that sounds good, fairly varied and a lot more nutritious then anything i eat!! as long as your not going hungry for long periods of time i think you'll be grand x

hey! great diet. the only thing i think (just because it happened to me) is your cals might be to low.

I was on 1200 cals and the first week i lost 3 1/2 pound. but the second week i only lost 1/2 pound. this was after walking 10miles gym 3x per week. i think this is beacuse my cals was to low.

i am now on 1500 and have already lost 1/2 pound and it only halfway through th week.
good luck x

shazza87 said:
hey! great diet. the only thing i think (just because it happened to me) is your cals might be to low.

I was on 1200 cals and the first week i lost 3 1/2 pound. but the second week i only lost 1/2 pound. this was after walking 10miles gym 3x per week. i think this is beacuse my cals was to low.

i am now on 1500 and have already lost 1/2 pound and it only halfway through th week.
good luck x

I would be inclined to say... Up the protein.. Lower the carbs x

It sounds healthy;) I would just add something else for lunch; like some fruit and a slice of brown bread.
Other than that every meals seem very balanced ;)

Aline said:
It sounds healthy;) I would just add something else for lunch; like some fruit and a slice of brown bread.
Other than that every meals seem very balanced ;)

I guess it depends on your plan and the way you process foods... If I ate bread everyday I would be huge x

I guess it depends on your plan and the way you process foods... If I ate bread everyday I would be huge x

That's true... I eat most of calories from carbs (60-80%) and don't gain much. I just gain weight when I slow down exercise and increase my calories. But all my carbs are whole foods (brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat and brown bread, whole wheat pasta, etc), loads of veggies and fruits and I avoid all refined sugars and white flours. I wonder if I would gain if I'd eat refined carbs, probably yes... :p

I did a week of only eating whole foods, the difference was unbelievable! I had so much more energy and felt great. I struggled to keep it up any longer though as I missed crisps too much. I wish I could do it on a more permanent basis, my weight loss would be so much better :)

I did a week of only eating whole foods, the difference was unbelievable! I had so much more energy and felt great. I struggled to keep it up any longer though as I missed crisps too much. I wish I could do it on a more permanent basis, my weight loss would be so much better :)

I totally agree Shazzabir. Carbs aren't all equal. Whole foods are a great fuel for our bodies;)

Do you think once at goal we could maintain as long as the carbs we have are good ones... Gosh I do miss bread and pasta .... But my body bloats straight away ... And I'm not a big White flour person ( not because I don't love it, simply because I feel bigger as soon as I eat some ) x

It looks pretty good - well done! I'm going to be a bit nitpicky because I'm a bit of a nutrition nut (pardon the pun).

You may be a bit low (at a glance) with your fat and protein intake - maybe substitute a handful of nuts for one of your fruits, it'll lower your sugar intake (which is probably a bit on the high side - sugar can be found in all sorts of bizarre things - like the mango chutney and ketchup) and increase the amount of healthy fat and protein in your diet.

Also - processed soups, sauces, breaded things and spice "mixes" (like your fajita mix) can be loaded with sodium, so make sure you're drinking water to avoid bloat if you can't cut them out or find time to make your own ^^

Maybe add a side salad to your fajita meal for a bit of extra veg, and something with your soup - stoneground bread perhaps, or a small open sandwich with some lean meat. Try to have some oily fish a couple of times a week too for lovely vitamins and omega 3!

Overall it looks good, and a lot healthier than what I see some of my friends and family eat :D

It looks pretty good - well done! I'm going to be a bit nitpicky because I'm a bit of a nutrition nut (pardon the pun).

You may be a bit low (at a glance) with your fat and protein intake - maybe substitute a handful of nuts for one of your fruits, it'll lower your sugar intake (which is probably a bit on the high side - sugar can be found in all sorts of bizarre things - like the mango chutney and ketchup) and increase the amount of healthy fat and protein in your diet.

Also - processed soups, sauces, breaded things and spice "mixes" (like your fajita mix) can be loaded with sodium, so make sure you're drinking water to avoid bloat if you can't cut them out or find time to make your own ^^

Maybe add a side salad to your fajita meal for a bit of extra veg, and something with your soup - stoneground bread perhaps, or a small open sandwich with some lean meat. Try to have some oily fish a couple of times a week too for lovely vitamins and omega 3!

Overall it looks good, and a lot healthier than what I see some of my friends and family eat :D

Some gret advice there my lovely xxx

Back