Is this it?

Taz

Spam Hunter
I always used to think that I was just 'meant' to be the size I was and that was how I would always be.

I still want to lose another 2-3 stone but I'm not getting anywhere at the moment and I am just wondering if this is it now. Is this the size I will be forever? Have I reached my weight loss limit?

Not looking for an answer, just grumbling :sigh:

only you can decide hun, its in your hands. Good luck, stick with it, you CAN do this. Sending positive vibes to you :)

Here here!

Hi ya - i have to say i agree with the previous posting. I've always been chubby (sorry can't say the F word) and at my lowest weight was 13 stone and could wear size 16 clothes. I was happy at that weight and wouldn't want to get lower. However, only you know whats best for you. However, if you decide you need to lose more, then stick with the plan and it will come off, well thats what i've been told anyways :)

Nikki

Funny, I feel like this from time to time as well, and recently my loss has slowed down and I am exercising more now than ever, but I have been smaller, so I know I can do it again.

I try to look at it as I am learning to eat healthier which I am and eventually it will all catch up with me :)

xx

I know you are all right. I really do want to lose at least another 2 stone but right now it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle

Don't give up!

51lb is an impressive weight loss!!!! You must have overcome some tough times during your amazing 51lb weight loss - think about how you managed to keep you on the straight and narrow, what kind of things help?

Nikki

Grammer

Sorry playing online bingo as well as posting on here, need to apologise for my appalling sentences!!!!

I had a really bad year in 2005 where I ended up putting on 2lb! I ended up homeless twice then my grandad got really ill with cancer and suffered for 4 months before he died. That was crippling for me as we were really close. Then 2 months after that I tore the cartiledge in my knee and spent the rest of the year in agony and barely able to walk. I don't really know how I pulled it together but I did. I'd been doing well again for a couple of years and now but I just seem to have lost it again

Taz, Nikki is right you have done really really well to lose 51lb, thats nearly 4 stone, blooming amazing!!! it seems to me that it is only in the last 2 weeks or so that you have lost your way a bit, 5lb more Taz and you can say, I'VE LOST 4 STONE for now just try to concentrate on the 5lb, I know you can do it and you definately no you can so jump to it girlfriend :)

Coping methods

Blooming hell you have had a tough time Taz, but as you say u've coped. You must have amazing strength of character. I'm certain that if you think about it you will be able to identify what gets you through. There will be things that you do that makes life easier for you. Listening to music, helping others, walking, exercising (yuck), reading or a zillion other things. Were those life stresses when you put on the weight or lost it?

Nikki

Ps tell me to shut up if i'm not helping :)

Nikki I will never tell you to shut up, I really appreciate your comments. I started SW in 2004 and then I had that one bad year and when I looked back through my book I saw that I ended the year 2lb heavier than I started it. I kept avoiding class as I knew I'd put on. New year 2006 I was dosed up on my pain killers and miserable and I thought 'I have to sort myself out' so I got myself back to work and started to lose weight again. I took a break from SW towards the end of last year as I was getting too complacent with it and needed to lose more weight for my wedding so I done Slim Fast for a few months which worked but i really looked forward to getting back onto SW again. Now I just feel like it's all going in the wrong direction

Underestimating yourself!

Hi Taz, I think you are seriously underestimating yourself - you have coped amazingly well. If you take a little time to think about what you were doing when you were losing weight it will give you the motivation to carry on.

Nikki

have you got a goal for the end of your journey? or are you thinking I have to loose weight and thats it. Maybe say to yourself when I reached my target I'll go on holiday, buy so and so, do this that or the other. Give yourself something exciting to keep your motivation up.

Also do you still do food diaries? if not maybe try one for a few weeks to make sure your sticking to it 100% not estimating healthy extras etc and accidentally having too much, might also give you some inspiration too. You can do it, you want to do it you just need to find your feet again. Keep plugging away till the inspiration and motivation comes back.

Lisx, I do have a goal. I have a party planned for the middle of October and I have a dress to wear which I won't fit into unless I lose at least a stone and a half. I am training for a new job at the moment and it seems to have put my diet into a real spin. At first I thought 'Oh well I will just get back into it after I've finished training' but I still have another 6 weeks to go, I'm only half way through, and I just can't watch those scales do nothing for another 6 weeks.
I do need to just pull my head out of my arse and see what I can do to sort this situation out. Thanks for your replies guys x

Back