Extra Easy Is this my life forever?

vadey

Silver Member
Well this post is a bit of a moan really, so feel free to switch off or some advice would be great. Not that I don't already know the answer, cos I do!! I dieting all my adult life. Started Sw doing extra easy, enjoy it, love it but as always lost a stone and motivation has taken a nose dive!!! I get to this stage and just can't get passed it. What is wrong with me? Yes I love food, can take or leave booze. Enjoy a night out but don't drink in week. Its all about the food!! I'm greedy, and I have lost my way. X

I've been doing this for over a year now and I think the trick for me, to not feel 'passed it' is I think of it as a life style change. I know its not a 'diet' because I know for me to go back to 'normal' eating I'd get back to 20st with no problems so I'm looking at it as just a healthy lifestyle and I work out now and that's part of being fit and healthy. I don't want fat related health problems so this is my motivation for leading a healthy diet and exercise.

If you think of it like as a diet in the short term where you're gonna get to target and everything will be wonderful and you will not have to diet anymore, then this probably won't work x

After my second week I felt like this - think oh ive always been the fat one ... am i forever gonna be the girl who orders a salad and misses the pudding : (
im a big food lover, dont smoke, do drugs and a drinking session probabaly 3 x a year! so dont waste alot on that.
But im also the girl that likes to go to tescos bakerey buy a 4 pack or fresh oatmill & raisen cookies and finish them before im home.
This is my downfall the gorging .... so yes i hope i know i cant be like that for the rest of my life but Ive already eaten and had puddings, i still see a loses so im hoping when maintaining as long as we keep them to the minimum we wont be depriving ourselves or feel like a "diet"

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling the pressure. I sit in that class every week, putting on losing, losing snd putting on. I know there is only me who can change this. Believe me i want it so much. I don't always see it as a diet just feels like one at the min as I've lost motivation. I've been going since nov and lost 13lb. Not only am I Embarresed by this that I feel I have not given it my all. There is no excuse. I got my stone away a month yester and But now has gone down to 10 pounds. I know some will say 10 pounds it's better off than on and I hate that when the c says, she lost she has put on this week but she's lost 10 pound in total. 10lb in 5 months pleasasseeee!!! People Losibg that a month!! I know everyone different but what is so hard about me getting this under control x

There's a lot of us in the same boat - I've only lost 10lbs since June last year, but as Rochelle1 mentions above, I'm seeing the positives that I'm still nearly a stone lighter than I was this time a year ago, and that I'm now living a much healthier lifestyle with good food and lots of exercise, so it's a long term gain. However that doesn't mean that I'm not very frustrated with myself for the slowness of my journey - if I'd just got on with it in June last year I could already be at target by now :(

There's a lot of us in the same boat - I've only lost 10lbs since June last year, but as Rochelle1 mentions above, I'm seeing the positives that I'm still nearly a stone lighter than I was this time a year ago, and that I'm now living a much healthier lifestyle with good food and lots of exercise, so it's a long term gain. However that doesn't mean that I'm not very frustrated with myself for the slowness of my journey - if I'd just got on with it in June last year I could already be at target by now :(

I know, but I struggle personally to see the achievement in my loss as I lose control all the time x

I am so pleased I found this thread, I can totally relate. I've been at this for over two years now, and although the majority of the time I do tend to think of this as more of a lifestyle change, at the minute it feels like a God awful diet and the thought of doing this day in, day out for the rest of my life frustrates the hell out of me.

I know I can do this, otherwise I wouldn't have lost as much as I already have. But at the moment (the last month or two) I've been stuck in an awful rut that I just can't seem to get out of. I feel like I have lost all motivation and passion for Slimming World, but I'm stuck in a catch 22 as I know from previous attempts that nothing else works for me as well as Slimming World does (when I actually manage to stick to it).

I think that perhaps I, and maybe yourself, need to focus on one day at a time. Rather than panicing over the bigger picture and numbers, we need to take it a bit slower. It's not a race afterall - as long as we reach our destination, that's all that matters. I do know that it's easier said than done, but it's worth a try. At the moment I am willing to try anything to get my head back in the right place.

I am so pleased I found this thread, I can totally relate. I've been at this for over two years now, and although the majority of the time I do tend to think of this as more of a lifestyle change, at the minute it feels like a God awful diet and the thought of doing this day in, day out for the rest of my life frustrates the hell out of me.

I know I can do this, otherwise I wouldn't have lost as much as I already have. But at the moment (the last month or two) I've been stuck in an awful rut that I just can't seem to get out of. I feel like I have lost all motivation and passion for Slimming World, but I'm stuck in a catch 22 as I know from previous attempts that nothing else works for me as well as Slimming World does (when I actually manage to stick to it).

I think that perhaps I, and maybe yourself, need to focus on one day at a time. Rather than panicing over the bigger picture and numbers, we need to take it a bit slower. It's not a race afterall - as long as we reach our destination, that's all that matters. I do know that it's easier said than done, but it's worth a try. At the moment I am willing to try anything to get my head back in the right place.

Hey Hun!

I know what your saying about other diets. I was always ww, then I did the same. Lost a stone and started to struggle. Same with Cambridge which is the worst in the world!!! My sil did Sw and had great success, I tried it and loved it, no weighing. Lots of planning is the key. I know it's not the diet it's me. How much have you lost hun? X

Hey Hun!

I know what your saying about other diets. I was always ww, then I did the same. Lost a stone and started to struggle. Same with Cambridge which is the worst in the world!!! My sil did Sw and had great success, I tried it and loved it, no weighing. Lots of planning is the key. I know it's not the diet it's me. How much have you lost hun? X

I've lost 2st 5.5lb in total. I did get my 2 and a half stone award last week, but cocked it up with a gain this week! It's taken me a long time to get where I am now, and I think that's what also puts pressure on. I see people in group losing like 4 stone in a year, and I wonder why I have "only" lost 2.5st. I know that's the wrong attitude to have though, everyone is different and we shouldn't compare ourselves with one another. The things I need to remember is that I have still lost over 2 stone, I am still the lightest I have ever been in my adult life, and I am still young and living life how a 21 year old should be.

We all have difficult times, and this is probably the most difficult I have had over my Slimming World journey. But we will get there. Just know that you are not alone in your struggle xx

I've lost 2st 5.5lb in total. I did get my 2 and a half stone award last week, but cocked it up with a gain this week! It's taken me a long time to get where I am now, and I think that's what also puts pressure on. I see people in group losing like 4 stone in a year, and I wonder why I have "only" lost 2.5st. I know that's the wrong attitude to have though, everyone is different and we shouldn't compare ourselves with one another. The things I need to remember is that I have still lost over 2 stone, I am still the lightest I have ever been in my adult life, and I am still young and living life how a 21 year old should be.

We all have difficult times, and this is probably the most difficult I have had over my Slimming World journey. But we will get there. Just know that you are not alone in your struggle xx

Wow well done great loss. You have done brilliantly!! Be very proud. I've started again this morning! I go to gym a lot, well about 2/3 classes a week. Keep in touch Hun. Have you a diary? X

Wow well done great loss. You have done brilliantly!! Be very proud. I've started again this morning! I go to gym a lot, well about 2/3 classes a week. Keep in touch Hun. Have you a diary? X

Sounds like we have a lot in common - I'm a gym bunny too!! Haven't been since Saturday mind, so I'm going back tonight along with the start of my fresh week today. I have a diary in the Food Diaries sub-forum, it's called "The Princess Diaries ♥" - there's also a link to it in my signature :) xx

I do a lot of the Les Mills classes - BodyCombat, CXWORX and occasionally BodyPump. I also do Bums, Legs and Tums and I tried a new Metafit class on Saturday morning which I may start doing a bit more often. There's also an Abs Blast class and a Mind & Body class starting this week that I want to try too. I usually do around 8 a week :)

Sorry- think I should be thinner. I like body combat, pump and attack x

Attack is a killer! I've only done that twice so far but as I get fitter I may give it another go x

I'm also a big Les Mills fan- regularly do pump, combat, attack and balance plus Zumba and ocasionally lbt!
I am at target and have been since Dec 12th 2012 :)
Finding that I've still had to continue the EE plan to maintain though I've been able to increase my meals and drinks out with friends which did suffer for the year it took me to lose weight!

I'm also a big Les Mills fan- regularly do pump, combat, attack and balance plus Zumba and ocasionally lbt!
I am at target and have been since Dec 12th 2012 :)
Finding that I've still had to continue the EE plan to maintain though I've been able to increase my meals and drinks out with friends which did suffer for the year it took me to lose weight!

They are the best classes aren't they!!! Well done on the loss and staying at target. I'm want a stone off in 5 weeks!!! Refused a ice today and have planned x

I love them, they played a massive part in my weight loss and how my body looks today. I've gained a lot of muscle :)
You can do it, anything is possible in a month!

I know!!!! Combat is my Fav!!! Do you do ee x

Yeah, Combat is my favourite too! That's what I'm doing tonight and I can't wait.

I don't do Extra Easy anymore. I did when I first started, but then I fell in love with Red / Green days - mainly because of the additional Healthy Extras you get with them x

Back