Is this normal?

MysticMagic

Hey all

I've been posting in the 100% section, but wonder if I'll get a few more replies over here.

I started CD 4 weeks ago with a consultant who didn't seem to have a clue and contradicted everything in the book. I was on SS and at 5ft 3in, should have been doing 3 meals a day, but she had me doing 4 etc...

Anyway, you can see my losses below and in week 2 I lost a further 6lb doing the 3 meals. I then changed my CDC for week 3.

The new CDC suggested I move up to stage 2 which I did. I lost less than a lb in week three :cry: I've been monitoring my weight for the last three days and I've decided to go back to SS as I've not lost anything - and in fact, my scales showed a gain today! And since I need to be at target by September, this seems the only way. I can go up the stages once I hit target.

I have a few questions... a) is this normal when moving up a stage? b) can the mix a mousse cause this? I'm really enjoying turning my evening shake into a mousse? c) on SS or SS+ can you have coke zero? d) on SS or SS+ can you have a splenda in your tea?

I'd love to hear your thoughts?

Thanks so much for reading!

Interested to see the answers to some of these. My CDC has also recommended I start on 4 meals on SS, despite my 5'3" height - but I am loads heavier than you. And she also mentioned Coke Zero after week .

Hmmm...

Four meals plus a bit of milk for tea/coffee is SS+, I believe. Sorry CD-ers if this is incorrect! Or three meals, milk and a tiny meal? SS is three packs for women under 5' 8". Four packs for taller women and for all men regardless of height.

I am constantly reading that losses on SS and SS+ are much the same. Some people find the extra pack, or the extra food, vital for keeping them on-plan.

Of course it is always possible that the Consultant has misinformed you either by accident or deliberately to sell more product! If you have good reason to suspect the latter ring another Consultant in your area (no need to name your current one) and ask what plan you should be on. You can then decide whether or not to stay with the first.

Not sure why you have been lead to believe you should both be on 4 packs a day?

I was a CDC for 3 years, I encouraged my clients (if under 5'7) to sole source using 3 packs. However if they really struggled then the option was there for them to either have 4 packs or a tiny protein meal (ss+) BUT that was definately their decision and not my own.

Yes you can have sweetener in your drinks, however it must be tablet form.

Mix a Mousse and drink mixes should only be introduced after 2 weeks of ss.

Coke zero is a bit of an iffy one. The drink itself does not contain enough calories or carbs to actually affect weight loss. However some people find because of the sweetness and the bubbles, it can cause you to feel hungry. If you really feel you need it I would limit to one glass/can a day. If you can avoid it in the early stages of the diet that may be better.

Trying really hard to remember what else was asked, may have to add another comment:D

I know from myself and my own clients that the ones that do best, stick to the diet 100% as it says in the booklets.

Hope this has helped a little and not made you more worried.

Tracey
x

Thank you all so much xxx

Back