• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is this SW friendly??

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Iv got a recipe i want to try out of a regular cook book and wondered if its ok on sw or how could i change it to be SW friendly??

12oz Small onions
1tbsp sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves
4 chicken breasts
12fl/oz dry cider
7oz creme fraiche or sour cream
2tbsp tarragon
1tbsp parsley

Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Added some notes below - It has cream, oil and alcohol in it so it was never going to be a great choice but can be adapted.

Iv got a recipe i want to try out of a regular cook book and wondered if its ok on sw or how could i change it to be SW friendly??

12oz Small onions - free
1tbsp sunflower oil - 6 syns
4 garlic cloves - free
4 chicken breasts - free on EE/red
12fl/oz dry cider - about 8 syns
7oz creme fraiche or sour cream - about 20 syns
2tbsp tarragon - free
1tbsp parsley - free

Thanks

You could substitute frylight for the oil and fromage frais/yoghurt for the creme fraiche then you would only have to syn the cider

kayla6002

Silver Member
S: 16st2.0lb C: 13st10.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 2st6lb(15.04%)
I think you can get fat free creme fraiche, i know there is a weight watchers 1 but not sure on the syns.

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
ok thanks, just want to know that i can still use "normal" recipes but make them for SW.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
I think you can get fat free creme fraiche, i know there is a weight watchers 1 but not sure on the syns.
The WW one is half a syn per tablespoon compared to 1.5 syns for the reduced fat creme fraiche. But 7oz is still a lot of creme fraiche. I haven't heard of fat free creme fraiche in this country.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
ok thanks, just want to know that i can still use "normal" recipes but make them for SW.
Absolutely - it makes for far greater variety in what you eat. I don't understand people that will only do recipes from SW publications - they are missing out on so much!