Is this SW friendly??

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Iv got a recipe i want to try out of a regular cook book and wondered if its ok on sw or how could i change it to be SW friendly??

12oz Small onions
1tbsp sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves
4 chicken breasts
12fl/oz dry cider
7oz creme fraiche or sour cream
2tbsp tarragon
1tbsp parsley

Thanks

Added some notes below - It has cream, oil and alcohol in it so it was never going to be a great choice but can be adapted.

Iv got a recipe i want to try out of a regular cook book and wondered if its ok on sw or how could i change it to be SW friendly??

12oz Small onions - free
1tbsp sunflower oil - 6 syns
4 garlic cloves - free
4 chicken breasts - free on EE/red
12fl/oz dry cider - about 8 syns
7oz creme fraiche or sour cream - about 20 syns
2tbsp tarragon - free
1tbsp parsley - free

Thanks

You could substitute frylight for the oil and fromage frais/yoghurt for the creme fraiche then you would only have to syn the cider

I think you can get fat free creme fraiche, i know there is a weight watchers 1 but not sure on the syns.

ok thanks, just want to know that i can still use "normal" recipes but make them for SW.

I think you can get fat free creme fraiche, i know there is a weight watchers 1 but not sure on the syns.

The WW one is half a syn per tablespoon compared to 1.5 syns for the reduced fat creme fraiche. But 7oz is still a lot of creme fraiche. I haven't heard of fat free creme fraiche in this country.

ok thanks, just want to know that i can still use "normal" recipes but make them for SW.

Absolutely - it makes for far greater variety in what you eat. I don't understand people that will only do recipes from SW publications - they are missing out on so much!

Back