Is this the 100% Forum???????

tracey001

Back again!!
Not being funny, but I thought this forum was supposed to be for people who are comitting to do any stage of CD BUT 100%.

Its not very motivating when those who cheat keep listing loads of food they have eaten!!

I understand everyone has a bad day every now and needs support but we need to be strong and support each other.

Hi Tracey -
I do agree with you. SS 100% is all or nothing - that's why it works!! Great losses Tracey - well done!
One full week on SS tomorrow am and feeling delighted - should be 10-11lb off. Can't wait to find out.

Ooooh I'm getting deja vu here... ;-)

Hahahah. Me too. Ah well..

There is a stricter forum down the forumlist but I really do understand what you mean :)

x

I look at it as freedom of choice, if you don't want to read a thread that has food mentioned in it then don't, we all have a choice..... you may be right about it being for 100% only but since I joined I have found threads on almost anything here and it certainly doesn't bother me.... but hey if it bothers you that much have a chat with a moderator.

http://www.minimins.com/strictly-ss-forum/
I think this thread will be the one you might prefer, with no mention of food or cheating, although more posts are made in the other CD forums.
Strictly SS Forum
This forum is for people who are doing SS only without any additions. Any food should be discussed in alternative forums.
The Sole Source Programme comprises:
* 3 or 4 servings of sachet/bar/tetras according to your programme
* Allowable fluids
* NOTHING ELSE!
In signing up to this forum, you commit to zero mention of food. No ifs, ands or buts - this is your Sanctuary from any mention of food!!
To join, you need to have at least 50 posts, be following Strictly SS, Contact DQ
Please note any mention of food may lead to your expulsion from this Food Free Sanctuary.

Thought this quote would be appropriate.

The decision we've reached as to what this forum is about/for (and I hope it pleases most of the people most of the time :)) is this:

As both the Sole Source AND Sole Source Plus programmes appear in the Cambridge Diet Sole Source Programme booklet, anyone doing either the 'old' SS or 'new' SS+ programmes are welcome to use this sub-forum.

We would also encourage those who have worked up through the plans from SS/SS+, through the stabilisation and maintenance plans (810, 1000, 1200 and 1500 cals) to share their experiences/results/successes and discuss how to do the diet as it is supposed to be done according to the CD booklets.

Any discussion of 'cheating' or 'time out' would not be encouraged on this particular forum.

Essentially it's for those who prefer NOT to cheat at all and stick to their plan (whichever one they're on) 100%.

HTH :)

This is Summersky explaing the 100% forum; TS is very right and has a good point too. :)

I really don't see the point in making snibby comments @ somebody who'se obviously right...

Agree with Nibbles too, if it does bother you (not saying it should, if it doesn;t see above etc) maybe the strict forum is better.

Oh I just wrote 2 responses here

xx

I'm glad I'm not the only one...
It's just a bit of a shame as 100% should be full of people supporting each other in 100%, not continually discussing the finer details of menus and food and how we can get away with this, and get away with that. I come on here AFTER I have cooked dinner for the family, and am looking for support and diversion; the detailing of food just makes it so much harder!

Sorry for the long post...

Can understand what people are saying about the Strictly SS forum being available – however it’s only for people doing SS with CD packs only. Anyone on SS+ with the meal option or on 810 etc is technically unable to post there even if they are sticking with their plan 100% so the CD 100% forum is a sanctuary for them. Even if you don’t read the thread itself, by the time you’ve read the “I’ve cheated” title it’s too late and it can be disheartening to see your 5th one of the day.

No one is saying don’t post about cheats etc – just that the place for that is really on the main Cambridge forum which you can choose to read or not.

I can totally understand people’s need to confess to their blips but personally I think it’s counter productive. You know like when a group goes out for a meal and the waiter asks if anyone wants dessert? You can bet your bottom dollar that even if all the men in the group say yes, the women who want to but know they “shouldn’t” will look round first to find another female “partner in crime” before saying “oh go on then”. Having someone else joining their decision simply validates their poor choice, whereas if all the women had said no they probably wouldn’t have had that dessert.

That’s how I feel about the cheat threads, that sense of validation you get makes you feel better about it in the short term but it doesn’t necessarily help you long term. By the way I am not referring to the “I’ve cheated – what can I do to stop myself next time” kind of thing but the “I’ve cheated – what damage has it done i.e. have I got away with it?” type of post.

Not saying of course that people ought to feel uncomfortable, or that they shouldn’t post their ups and downs, everyone has their own journey and it really doesn’t matter how we choose to get there. No way is right other than what is right for us and we all need different types of support. However the people who are sticking to the plan 100% also need their own kind of support and if that means no cheats on a no cheat forum, is that really so unreasonable?

Can understand what people are saying about the Strictly SS forum being available – however it’s only for people doing SS with CD packs only. Anyone on SS+ with the meal option or on 810 etc is technically unable to post there even if they are sticking with their plan 100% so the CD 100% forum is a sanctuary for them. Even if you don’t read the thread itself, by the time you’ve read the “I’ve cheated” title it’s too late and it can be disheartening to see your 5th one of the day.

No one is saying don’t post about cheats etc – just that the place for that is really on the main Cambridge forum which you can choose to read or not.

I can totally understand people’s need to confess to their blips but personally I think it’s counter productive. You know like when a group goes out for a meal and the waiter asks if anyone wants dessert? You can bet your bottom dollar that even if all the men in the group say yes, the women who want to but know they “shouldn’t” will look round first to find another female “partner in crime” before saying “oh go on then”. Having someone else joining their decision simply validates their poor choice, whereas if all the women had said no they probably wouldn’t have had that dessert.

That’s how I feel about the cheat threads, that sense of validation you get makes you feel better about it in the short term but it doesn’t necessarily help you long term. By the way I am not referring to the “I’ve cheated – what can I do to stop myself next time” kind of thing but the “I’ve cheated – what damage has it done i.e. have I got away with it?” type of post.

Not saying of course that people ought to feel uncomfortable, or that they shouldn’t post their ups and downs, everyone has their own journey and it really doesn’t matter how we choose to get there. No way is right other than what is right for us and we all need different types of support. However the people who are sticking to the plan 100% also need their own kind of support and if that means no cheats on a no cheat forum, is that really so unreasonable?

Exactly !!!

Very well said indeed. :)

I know I'm still very new to this - just started 4th week and only posted once or twice - but it was good to read the originial post on this thread.
I feel that it really is quite a negative forum with people cheating all the time.
Personally I couldn't afford the money, time or commitment to this diet if I'm not doing it 100%.
Who are you cheating apart from yourselves? It's such a simple diet to stick to... if you're not prepared to do it 100% then why bother? Surely WW or Slimfast is cheaper??

Thank you Serena, a very good post :)

I would like to apologise if my previous post offended anyone as it was by no means meant to be "snibby"... I only expressed my opinion, which I stand by.... I certainly didn't say anyone was in the wrong, in fact I did state that the forum members may be right but that it didn't bother me in any way and that is my opinion. Again, sorry if my frank opinion upset anyone.

Great to have confirmation of the SS+ acceptance here, as I wasn't sure if that was 100% or not really.

I am starting on Thursday but like Rich I want to do 100% due to money, but also due to motivation! :) Mucking around just won't cut it for me.

Back