is this to be exppected when you loose weight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Biggirlsam, 3 December 2006 Social URL.

1. Biggirlsam

Biggirlsam Banned

Diet:
    weightwatchers
    3 weeks ago I saw a guy I hadn't seen in months and he was shocked at the weight loss, but he asked me in the same breath am I having an affair???? I just laughed at him and said no... But Friday I worked with him again and he asked me again!!!! I told him I was happy and no I was not ... I was loosing weight for ME.... but today I worked with another guy I havn't seen for a while and he sort of said exactly the same:confused: :confused: , I know I mostly work with men thats the nature of the job but has anyone else been asked this or is it just me??? I dismissed the first comments because the same person asked me but now another guy has asked its made me think....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I lost a bit on weight watchers years ago and my husband accused me of doing it because I was having an affair too (I wasn't).

I think they just see it as you must have a reason for changing how you lok so thats thefirst thing they think of. I don't think its anything about you personally

4. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I've had similar comments - it's amazing how people think you always want to lose weight to be more attractive to a man!!!!

Cheeky barstewards!!!

5. Biggirlsam

Biggirlsam Banned

Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Oh thanks ladies I was begining to wonder what I was doing in the nights when my eyes closed:)

6. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Never had that response myself .... but if I did, I'd be inclined to say, "No - I'M not having an affair ... but my husband is - he's got himself a new woman! ;) "

7. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Like it Russian Doll. Haven't had that response but it sounds like it's a male one. Yeah like everything we do is to be more attractive to men, I don't think so!!!

Dizzy x

8. Biggirlsam

Biggirlsam Banned

Diet:
    weightwatchers
    oh debbie thats it!! from now on I will be using that one!!!!:):)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.