Is weightwatchers for me?

CuddlePaws

Hello lovely ladies, I am lurking in here as I am thinking of joining Weightwatchers (either online or physical meetings) as I am not too confident in my calorie counting any longer.

I am possibly thinking of joining a new local class but would really like some details beforehand such as how much the meetings are likely to cost me, do I get any useful paraphernalia/information at a meeting, and how easy is it to follow this diet when you are breastfeeding a little one and cooking for a family of four?

The only thing I know about WW is that the system uses points and that most veg is free lol! I am not good at following difficult equations/mathematical calculations in food :eek: so something relatively simple will be good as I cook from home alot using different ingredients.

hello there, welcome to the forum!

i would say ww is for you, im not 100% sure what you get at the meeting (like shopping guides or eating out guides) and im not 100% sure of the price) as i do ww from home and bought my shopping and eating out guides off ebay as that works better for me.

i think it can easlily work into family life as within reason and you have th points allowing you can have anything! the main thing with ww is portion control so having a set of scales (i have digital ones) is essential for weighing things out and you soon get used to doing this sort of thing. theres no difficult maths involved its just a case of getting to know what points foods are and that really does just come the more you do it. you mentioned that your breastfeeding and ww is quite generous in giving you extra points depending on if your exclusively BF or not, theres a link within the ww page that shows you how to calculate the points you would be on.

this is a good link to let you have a look at the values and things

ukladyluck1

sorry cant be of more help but one of the girls who go's to meeting will be able to help you more.

you can only try but im sure you'll like it :)

Weight watchers is really easy to follow. When you join you get a book and a cardboard sliding calculator (or you can buy an electronic calculator). The calculators show you how many points are in foods. You just take the calories and saturated fat off the label (as everything is labelled these days!), put it in and voila! There's also a big list of basic food like pasta, flour, milk etc ready pointed.

It'll all be explained anyway and you can ask your leader questions. A lot of people pick it up on their own from just having the materials so it really is very simple :)

Go on WW web site. That will give you an idea of whats involved, you will find the calculations easy. On WW you can even have treats that you would think should be banned when you are trying to loose weight, but as long as you stick within your points they are allowed. Good luck.

Back