Is your class at risk of closing?

IreneH

Gold Member
At our meeting today there was someone sent by the regional manager to say that our class will be closing next week. Every week there are at least 20 members and most of them stay to the talk.

Just wondered how many people attend your class and have you ever been to a class that closed?

Irene xx

So they say. No notice or any compromise.

There are 3 classes in Alnwick. Our leader runs 2 on a Thursday 11.15am and 6.30pm. I go to the morning class. Another leader runs the Tuesday evening class at 6.30.

A lot of our members are older ladies who would not want to come out at night and many live in areas where the buses are infrequent and do not run in the evenings.

As you can imagine there were some very angry ladies there today

Irene xx

Oh thats a bit poo!!..The one I used to work at/go to had over 100 members, over two classes on a Tuesday...Not many used to stay though...But I suppose it doesnt matter if they stay or not, have still paid the fee. Is there another one close to you?

I think thats the thing, people need the flexibility of evening and day classes.
Do you think anything can be done to change the decision.
Did your leader know in advance xx

She knew before today's class but had just been told. It is the only class and I have to travel 15 miles to get to it. And i hate driving and especially in the dark. Have not decided what to do if it closes. I think the rep saw how angry everyone was. And either she or her manager will come next week

Irene xx

Thats a bit pants!! :confused:
Surely they could have given more notice.
We have around 40 who stay to class and loads who dont,not sure of the exact numbers though.

I go to mine on a Morning would hate to have to go in the evening spesh if you have to use public transport (luckily i go with my mate who drives).

Hopw you get sorted with it xx

aww thats awful :( especially when you said how much you enjoyed that class. i hope you manage to find another one!! xxx

That's rubbish! You'd think they'd value the group even if it is a little small. If the leader doesn't mind running it for 20 people then that should be fine. Makes you wonder if something else is going on that you're not being told about.

The representative of the regional manager said it wasn't paying for itself. But the other class run by same leader on evening has about same number of people. And that there are other classes to be axed in the region.

Irene xx

That sounds strange Sandy. Our leader told us they were self-employed so when the class closed last Thursday evening with no notice she lost that class.

Irene xx

Back