Isn't it funny how......

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Jennifer80, 25 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Jennifer80

Jennifer80 Full Member

when your in ketosis, food that normally tempts you your now not bothered about. I am in the office alone and there is big bowl of mini eggs that i'd normally have wolfed!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gingette

gingette Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(18.13%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    but i've found that things i won't normally be bothered by just tease me. Boiled Eggs and toast with tuna just seem to be the most tempting thing in the world. However you could sit a tonne of bacon in front of me and I wouldn't even be tempted. It's very strange.

4. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    When I am in ketosis I get cravings and am tempted all the time. I wouldn't go out and buy foods such as chocolate etc, but if it was sat there in front of me I would be tempted. I have been in ketosis for 3 weeks a few months ago and still felt the same way. I am getting cravings for foods I probably wouldn't have bothered me before.. Freshly baked White bread and butter, treacle tart and custard, shortbread with milk chocolate on the top... I sometimes sit with a nigella cook book looking through the colour photographs! Looking but not tasting!

5. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Reading that back makes me sound like such a food addict!!! TOTM... got it today.. so hopefully it should pass...until next month!

6. LadyT

LadyT Tough But Sexy X

Start Weight:
    93.4kg
    Current Weight:
    88kg
    Goal Weight:
    73kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.83%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    For me its not the temptation of actual foods but more the smell. I was in the office yesterday, popped into office upstairs and could smell lunch cooking. I hadnt noticed it before. I couldnt even tell you what the smell was but yum! ha!

7. Twinny

Twinny Full Member

Goal Weight:
    49.9kg
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Im with Gingette - I completely crave scrambled eggs on hot buttered toast or lovely vinegary peppery tuna with pasta...actually anything vingary, gherkins, pickled onions.....I normally dislike vingary things! so strange lol!

8. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    I'm on the lite programme so I'm allowed chicken, fish, egss etc but I am craving all the sweet things like doughnuts and brownies :p

I guess when you are away from food completely, you appreciate all food even if they're not what you would normally go for :)

9. Jennifer80

Jennifer80 Full Member

I probably should of said in my first post that i'd only been on the diet since Monday so now day 5 so in time i'll probably crave more food. Done LL so many times before but never stuck to it 100% for so long.

I went to weigh in last night and had lost 9lbs since monday so was pleased with that :D

Came home from work today, made myself a huge helping of tuna pasta but actually for once stopped to think about what i was doing, realised what i was doing was not needed, so fed it all to the dogs...went and had a pack, and a huge glass of water! Feel great now :)

10. LadyT

LadyT Tough But Sexy X

Start Weight:
    93.4kg
    Current Weight:
    88kg
    Goal Weight:
    73kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.83%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Wow 9lbs already thats great!

11. Twinny

Twinny Full Member

Goal Weight:
    49.9kg
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Well DONE Jennifer...that was a really huge achievement you did there...you should be soooooooooooo proud of yourself :D

12. Pearl77

Pearl77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    9lbs in a few days!!! That's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.